Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the reason I am mourning is the fact of that she was my pet not just a number or a money object. She seriously was a beautiful and calm snake.

I will get another one later but just not at this moment in time.

Extremely sorry to hear RBB. Put a tear in my eye :'(
i would find it very difficult to go and just buy another, go again and not mourn. It's just like a human. They can't simply be replaced like that.
Take your time to recover, and when you feel the time is right, purchase a new baby to adore just like you did Salacia.
Many hugs going your way and here's hoping the future improves drastically.
All the best,
Eliza x

Extremely sorry to hear RBB. Put a tear in my eye :'(
i would find it very difficult to go and just buy another, go again and not mourn. It's just like a human. They can't simply be replaced like that.
Take your time to recover, and when you feel the time is right, purchase a new baby to adore just like you did Salacia.
Many hugs going your way and here's hoping the future improves drastically.
All the best,
Eliza x

Hey Eliza,
Thank you very much for your kind words. Yeah I will definitely be getting a baby, maybe two if I can.
I love BHP's, always have and always will. When I did my year volunteering at a zoo, they had a pair and I had never seen nor heard about them. After I first saw them, I was certainly hooked on them. Did all the research I could, then I purchased Salacia, thinking I would have at least another 20yrs with her.

Anyway thank you heaps :)
Sam

RBB,

I have been following this thread and your other one since they started but have not had time to comment until now. I was sad to read that Salacia didn't make it. It's cold comfort, but at least the necropsy shows that you did everything you could for your girl.

There's no need to justify your need to mourn to anyone. Do what you have to. Plant that memorial bush or tree that was mentioned earlier. If you have a nice photo of her, maybe get it blown up and hang it on your wall, if it's not too painful.

You clearly have a good heart. You will bounce back from this and everything else you've gone through lately, and life will get better.

Geez. what a terrible weekend you've had. All on top of the problem with that other kook.
I am really sorry to hear about that. All the best.

RBB,

I have been following this thread and your other one since they started but have not had time to comment until now. I was sad to read that Salacia didn't make it. It's cold comfort, but at least the necropsy shows that you did everything you could for your girl.

There's no need to justify your need to mourn to anyone. Do what you have to. Plant that memorial bush or tree that was mentioned earlier. If you have a nice photo of her, maybe get it blown up and hang it on your wall, if it's not too painful.

You clearly have a good heart. You will bounce back from this and everything else you've gone through lately, and life will get better.

Hi Renenet.
Thank you and I agree, the necropsy was a bit suprising but I am quite glad it is not a contagious thing she had.

I understand and yes I was thinking the same thing (the picture on my wall)

Thank you and I know I will bounce back, I am actually more aware than ever that even though you buy from a extremely well known breeder, things still happen, including things that the breeder would not of been aware of unless they spent a whole heap of money getting every hatchie x-rayed etc. Which of course would be extremely expensive.

Cheers

Geez. what a terrible weekend you've had. All on top of the problem with that other kook.
I am really sorry to hear about that. All the best.

Hi Cement,
Yeah certainly been a tough one but have to move on and keep going with my passion of breeding snakes.
Luckily there has been nothing that has gone further with that guy and he left me alone over the weekend otherwise it literally would of been unbearable.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back