Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear about you BHP passing. It is never easy losing animal let alone two in one week. I know how much they become a part of our family.

RIP Salacia. May you have an abundant amount of rats and a bottomless sand pit to dig in where you are now.

I'm so sorry for your losses hun, that's such disappointing news about your girl, I can only wish that this didn't happen for you, and I'm sure it's nothing you have done in life to deserve this, unfortunately it's the best of us, and the most amazing creatures are taken to early from our lives. I wish you all the best and my deepest condolences for your loss. Sending hugs your way x

Thank you both heaps, it really is weird with an empty enclosure and no black head in there... She was my first snake too (A spotted was the families first snake but she was my first snake).

I will be getting another BHP just not in the meantime, I will wait to find out the necropsy results which I should know Monday. We are then bringing her home to bury her <3

Aw :( I'm so sorry to hear this... I'm sure it's not something you have done wrong so don't go beating yourself up. xox

Sorry to hear about your loss, know that all of us are with you, in spirit that is, for what is it worth. Always remember that tumors can strike any place any time and that this surely was none of your fault. Personally i dread the day I loose my first ...

My heart goes out to you at this sad time and please do not think you have done something wrong because you've had a run of awful events. Sometimes life just works that way and you just have to roll with it and become stronger for it all. Sending lots of positive energy and good thoughts for you :) *hugs*

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about Salacia, and your dog too, what a rough week. :(

It isn't your fault though, sometimes bad things happen to good people, and there's no explanation, it just is. Hugs

Sending you heaps of big Teddy Bear HUGS (if you have seen me you know they are big)XXXXXXXX I know it hurts at the moment but the sun will come up tomorrow and if you keep the memory of your dog and cuddle stick deep in your heart it will come up every day for them as well, chin up Sam, the sadness will subside and your passion will carry you forward...............................Ron

Sorry to hear RBB. Keep your chin up. I know its cliché but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

images
I am so sorry. I just read this entire thread and it made me get tears in my eyes. Im sure your a good person and definantly dont deserve all this but unfortuently it happens. Maybe u could plant a nice shrub/plant where u burry her? just a thought. Be strong, time heels all. Oh and the flower is 2 cheers u up, i hope it worked!

Sorry to hear RBB. Keep your chin up. I know its cliché but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Thanks heaps mate, yeah that's true, hopefully it makes things like this not happen again...

images
I am so sorry. I just read this entire thread and it made me get tears in my eyes. Im sure your a good person and definantly dont deserve all this but unfortuently it happens. Maybe u could plant a nice shrub/plant where u burry her? just a thought. Be strong, time heels all. Oh and the flower is 2 cheers u up, i hope it worked!

Thank you very much, its really sweet of you. I was thinking the same thing actually, I am putting her under her favourite place that she used to sun bathe :) So also thinking of planting something there.
It definitely worked, thanks :)

really sad story very sory for all of your losses .
Luckily you are twenty one and have life in front of you and so much to enjoy ,be strong and whistle a little tune from monty python

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...=_mf6KVY_bRnMpcgPoKzAXQ&bvm=bv.44770516,d.aGc

Ha ha, thanks for the laugh :)
Yeah thats it... I certainly do have alot of life ahead of me, just thought I would have my BHP for another 20 years with me, thats all.
But true - Always look on the brightside of life. At least I still have all my other snakeys.

Okay well Necropsy results are back.
She had enlarged kidneys for any snake which the vet seems to think was more like a birth defect.
She also had alot of fluid around the heart and that is why there was alot of complications in her chest region.
Both of the vets seem to also think that this was caused by more of a birth defect.

My poor baby :(
Basically it was laying dormant but because of her getting a bacterial infection, it started everything off and thats when not so good things began to grow in not so good places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back