would like two know who feeds there python ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gti92dave

Not so new Member
Reaction score
]id like who out there feeds there python guinea pigs as im girl loves them (and want eat rats) and how offen should u feed an adult guinea pig 2 160ish coastal carpet and is 160ish good 4 a 24month old ??? and she thick as :lol:

Hey mate, i dont think guinea pigs are very good food for a snake, especially carpet pythons.
Their coarse hair can cause intestinal blockages in snakes, and they dont have very much nutritional value.
You would probably be better off trying baby rabbits, mice, quail, or chicken.
Your carpet python is a bit small for his age, but if he starts feeding properly i think he could still reach a good adult size.
Personally for him, I would use quail and mice if he will take them.

Hey mate, i dont think guinea pigs are very good food for a snake, especially carpet pythons.
Their coarse hair can cause intestinal blockages in snakes, and they dont have very much nutritional value.
You would probably be better off trying baby rabbits, mice, quail, or chicken.
Your carpet python is a bit small for his age, but if he starts feeding properly i think he could still reach a good adult size.
Personally for him, I would use quail and mice if he will take them.

i wouldnt be feeding a 1.6 meter snake mice , u will be there all day handing it one after another ;)
i have herd of a few pepole feeding there snakes guinea pigs without any issues , i guess it would deppend on if the guinea pigs were long haired or short haired ?

We don't; they're too fatty IMO, but I think there's a few people on here who do so having said that once in a while is probably not going to hurt. We generally stick to rats, with the occasional rabbit thrown in for good measure.

im feedin her short her g/pig bro .... ive tryed chain feedin her rats and she spits em .... i do take her out 3 2 5 days a week 2 get sun and 2 poo she atm ant growin long she getin more thick and she getin strong....... ive a there prob 2 ive got a cape york that wont get off pinkys (only if i chain feed him fuzzie his 69cm and 14 months old

I fed my snakes guinea pigs .an i near had any problme feed them .im sure guinea pig do get nutrietion i alway feed my guinea pigs on vegs&grass an sometime dog biccys an i do fed rats most of the time.I bred guinea pigs for my laceys aswell .

Last edited:
i get mine g/pig off a breeder and ive just started 2 breed some tho they 2 small atm im feedin my her adult 2 large g/pigs

Not live g.pigs?you dong em on the head first...yes.we have a female rabbit,just need da boy for good times and to cut down my feed bill.i will get hubby to build a gas chamber for painless passing.

i get ine off a breeder all reddy dead .... and i dong them b4 i feed em 2 her.... wee cant have rabbits as i live in qld or id breed em =(

*mine sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back