Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the odd occasion one wishes to bite and wrap my arm up i usually head to the laundry and fill the tub up with cold water and submerge my arm, they soon release to come up for breath, then i grip around the back of there neck and undwind them from my arm.
it has worked everytime, best method is to not get bitten.
cheers
mel

First question is why did the snake bite you??
You need to answer that so you avoid the bites in future

Secondly I would never use any unneeded chemicals on a snake unless under vets supervision
Bucket of water and submerge the head works every time it is neccessary

As was said already ..rubbing alcohol or drinking what ever takes ya fancy ...;)
Is not to be put inside the snakes mouth!!!!!! ..just soak a bit on cotton wool and place near the nasal /mouth area ...it makes them let go rather quick and they tend not to take another swipe as the smell is still on your arm/leg whatever its latched on too ...some snakes do bite ,not for anything you have done to provoke etc ...not all snakes are placid darlings ...doesn't mean the keeper is incompetent ...

Immersing in water isn't fool proof ...some wont care and will continue to hold on and keep chewing and constricting ,and while a small snake might not be to much of a bother ...try and tell someone that has a 9 foot Olive wrapped around their arm and squeezing the Bjebus out of them whilst chowing down .." OH matey just wait it out it will be all over soon " ...alcohol works quick ,as you know yourself, if you take a good wiff of it ....but each to their own ...

I've never found water to work. Tried it a number of times but no success. I wear welding gloves now. Gone are the days when my snakies would do a quick tag and release. If they bite now they latch on and constrict. At 6 & 7 ft they can make a nice mess. The alcohol/aftershave etc sounds interesting. I will keep some handy. I find gloves the safest way.

i have read that womas dont really wrap and constrict it this true? i have never seen one feed, but i am picking one up tomorrow so i will soon find out i guess.

You dont have to put it in their mouth ...you just soak a cotton ball with the alcohol and put it near their mouth and nasal area ...the smell of it is enough to make them let go ...and like I said, then you have a swab ready to clean the bite with ;)

I didn't put it in their mouth, people saying spray them with it and some may end up in the snakes mouth.
I tried the cotton ball trick with my 6ft BHP when he got my hand and wouldn't let go, it made him bite even harder. Thats why I let them tire them selves out and let go when they want to.

I didn't put it in their mouth, people saying spray them with it and some may end up in the snakes mouth.
I tried the cotton ball trick with my 6ft BHP when he got my hand and wouldn't let go, it made him bite even harder. Thats why I let them tire them selves out and let go when they want to.
you have a 'special' one craig ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:........

dont put metho in its mouth just a little bit around to throw there smell off and also just wait for them to let go safest way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back