Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re X

You dont know whether something is locality pure unless you actually collect it yourself,ive been told the gold stimmys are from NW NSW and are the same bloodline as the pair Brad Oliver had but i dont sell them as locality cause i didnt collect them so cant be sure.Same goes with all these gosford diamonds,RHD womas etc and obviously green tree pythons,load of codswollup this locality stuff ,most would struggle to get a locality garden skink.

You dont know whether something is locality pure unless you actually collect it yourself,ive been told the gold stimmys are from NW NSW and are the same bloodline as the pair Brad Oliver had but i dont sell them as locality cause i didnt collect them so cant be sure.Same goes with all these gosford diamonds,RHD womas etc and obviously green tree pythons,load of codswollup this locality stuff ,most would struggle to get a locality garden skink.

I have locality garden skinks:)

You dont know whether something is locality pure unless you actually collect it yourself

Thats a bit like saying you dont know Africa exists if you havnt seen it with your own eyes. Its all just a conspiracy there are no pure snakes at all, Africa doesnt exist either :lol: With many CB snakes i can see your point, but with wild caught stuff, why would they bother saying it came from somewhere it didnt?

IMO there is more chance of catching a wild snake that has been relocated by humans, so you cant even guarantee locale purity if you catch them yourself (if you want to take it to stupid extremes).

Howdy Shane, I fully understand your passion there mate. My comments were specifically concerning gtps and the hyp around the native label. As everyone who's done some homework knows there are non native gtp variants that are pretty well same same as ours. That in my view is what puts the question mark over any native claims without a traceable history.

re X

Allot of the locality specific animals were bought from "Shonky Sharon" :lol:got to be right,youd pay twice the price.

re X

Howdy Shane, I fully understand your passion there mate. My comments were specifically concerning gtps and the hyp around the native label. As everyone who's done some homework knows there are non native gtp variants that are pretty well same same as ours. That in my view is what puts the question mark over any native claims without a traceable history.
Yeh thats how it goes fishy,most of the time its mine look a bit australian, i think they are,i think they are,theyll get double the price i know they are.

WOW this thread really hit a few sore spots heheheheheh

re X

Thats a bit like saying you dont know Africa exists if you havnt seen it with your own eyes. Its all just a conspiracy there are no pure snakes at all, Africa doesnt exist either :lol: With many CB snakes i can see your point, but with wild caught stuff, why would they bother saying it came from somewhere it didnt?

IMO there is more chance of catching a wild snake that has been relocated by humans, so you cant even guarantee locale purity if you catch them yourself (if you want to take it to stupid extremes).
Cris,Africa dont exist,Sarah Palin said so and she knows. Mathew Bonnett at the end of the day will have hot looking GTPs and the competition annoys some,any excuse to bag what he has achieved,the future will be in quality colours and hes well on the way.

Sorry; couldn't help myself....
Most on this site; have heard my anti-hybrid rants;
so I'll try and not bore you further; in this thread.
I have to ask myself as to why we have the current problems; regarding our captive population of greens?
Is it not reasonable to assume that those responsible for past law and legislation; to take some of the credit?
Restrictive laws; for what real purpose?; have and had long denied; sufficient numbers;
of pure aussie animals to be legally collected for breeding purposes...
IMO; restrictive laws and backward thinking alone; have allowed a black market in these beautiful pythons to flourish;
for to long....it's been simply a case of to little, to late.
To sustain the industries overwhelming desire; and line ones pocket; animals were;
and have been sourced overseas; then on-sold in Australia for a tidy profit for all those involved.
It's sad to see; that these imported animals; or progeny of; now represent most of the numbers privately held within this country.
It's even sadder that those holding true Aussie greens are asking absolutely stupid prices for their progeny.
I will never condone anyone for making a living from their hard work and efforts....however
the current prices offered; reflect excessive greed; and nothing more...
It may be suggested that these breeders have a desire to recoup the stupid amounts they themselves;
have out laid for their animals....IMO; more fool you.
Remember; the sole reason some of these spent ridiculous amounts to begin with; was to make a lot money;
not because they are so concerned in the purity of Australian greens in captivity....what absolute rubbish!!!
Is it not be reasonable to suggest; that if one was so concerned about the purity of our Greens;
that they would offer them for realistic prices; similar to other lines offered for sale?...obliviously not.
Until prices for true Australian Greens come down to a realistic amount; and more are bred in any number;
we will all have to enjoy the many stunning exotic forms (deemed Australian); that now make the basis of our captive green population.
One things for sure; greens; like all other reptiles; will decrease sufficiently in value; due to ever increasing numbers being bred; and the fact;
that we now live in a time where money is tight; and average person just doesn't have the available finances to spend on luxuries like they use to....

Is it not be reasonable to suggest; that if one was so concerned about the purity of our Greens;
that they would offer them for realistic prices; similar to other lines offered for sale?...obliviously not.

It does say something doesnt it... it really is a shame. It will be interesting to see if anyone has a valid comeback.

re X

Its not the price thats a problem,if the price is too high they dont sell simple as that,just market forces,its the way Bonnett got slagged for breeding his,something crawled out from under a rock and grabbed him by the leg trying to pull him under,poor fella its a jungle out there :lol:

Seen the advert that mathew Bonnett posted on another forum,he explained things well in his add,the female from Hemmens is attractive but obviously not a native.The market for GTPs is getting tight,theres too many breeders after the pie,hence the bitching,thats all it is :lol:

Craftsman, you seem to be pushing the point that the GTP lines you have are pure australian. Someone mentioned to me that Adrian Hemmens is your GTP breeding partner, is that correct?

My question is this.. If the female GTP that produced these hatchling GTP's (on herptrader) was a non australian native.. and was sold to the advertiser by your parttner, personally I can't see your point for knocking your own business partners GTP lines :lol: ?? Is it some new marketing strategy to shoot yourself in the foot?

thats GOLD :lol:

when the "non native" female came from sources that now seem to be beating their chest about there "pure lines" :rolleyes: it really doesn't inspire much confidence in me to "trust" your current "sales spiels" on genetic purity and the GTP lines you offer, when on the face of this information above, it seems a case of "hypocracy at its worst" and "stupitity at its best" :lol: maybe I have misinterpreted this thread and information in it.. but would be interested in hearing some feedback.

You won't here another word from me on this forum. Too many idiots, knockers and experts.
Good bye.

Admins - you can cancel my membership now.

Too many idiots, knockers and experts.

Thanks again to all those who've supported me on this thread and in private, and to those who just felt the need to point out the jealousy and hypocrisy of craftsmans statements.

Getting caught up in this rubbish can certainly cause a person to start doubting whether keeping reptiles is worth the bitterness that some people throw at you, but the common sense shown by so many in this thread has made me feel a bit better!

Regards,
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to distance yourself from the knockers and backstabbers in this hobby, no doubt you will have more friends than detractors and that's all that matters in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back