You are just wandering along field herping and....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
You encounter a reptile with charateristics that you believe have never been seen before, for example a pure lemon coloured jungle carpet with no markings. Also imagine that this animal would be of great interest to science and the herp comunity.

You have the knowledge and experience to capture and transport the animal. You also have your camera, pen and notebook, GPS etc.

What do you do?

1.bend over
2.Extend your arms
3.Open your hand
4.Grab the snake
5.close your hand
6.get in sprinting position
7.Run for the hills!

thats a very interesting hypothetical scenario that could very well lead to some very bad/good/interesting posts in reply.

let the games begin

I voted for happy snaps, but in saying that it depends on what it was, if it was like an albino bhp or gtp i reckon i wouldnt be telling anyone the location of it though, but i would still leave it there.

re You

Morelia_Hunter said:
1.bend over
2.Extend your arms
3.Open your hand
4.Grab the snake
5.close your hand
7.Run for the hills!
PMSL Hunter :lol: Yeh, it just appeared from this grotty looking pair Mr Hardy sir its a goddam miracle YAAAYYY!!! :D :D :D :D :p :D :D :lol:

Yeh, I woul leave an albino diamond or rbb in the wild for sure.....

It's only early days but the majority are voting for option 2 (draw a treasure map to help someone else find/take it). If it was an albino i don't think anyone would be "taking notes"...

If i found and all yellow jungle that would be a dream come true,better than albino in my books...somehow i don't think think it will happen but i hops someone does find one and breed from it not just for financial gain tho.There have been 2 leucistic maculosa handed in to Townsville NPWS probably by non herps,i bet i know what most would do.

My understanding that many of the world's albino's and a few other interesting morphs have come into human hands through the first two of the collect options.

The second option of taking happy snaps and writing it up I have never heard of happening. (Yet it is a popular choice.) Of all the albinos and other curious morphs I have read about in the journals all were written up after having been collected from the wild.

There are plenty of albino's and other morphs that have been "bred in captivity" but it will always be hard to separate this from the last option.

africancichlidau said:
I'd take it's head off with a shovel! Probably an intergrade :)

Mental note to self lock up shovels when Afro is around.

Remind me not to go field herping with you Afro?

Morelia_Hunter said:
1.bend over
2.Extend your arms
3.Open your hand
4.Grab the snake
5.close your hand
7.Run for the hills!

I hate to say it buts thats me too.

MH you should have as number 1, "Look over both shoulders" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.