Young Drivers New Laws

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause believe it or not, there are a few of us out there....especially in areas of the country away from the SE corner ;)

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the urban cowboys either, but banning 4x4's is a reasonably stupid idea in a country like australia......
I've got nothing against 4x4 training courses though, Ive had to do one myself in the past.

Exactly, there are also ppl who live in the city who drive outside of cities too, we need to get rid of bad drivers not the vehicles. I think everyone hates the stereotypical yuppy scum who only buy 4 wheel drives so they kill others instead of themselves and would never even consider taking it somewhere where you actually need a fourwheel drive. I saw one of them ringbarking a tree the other day, i think they where trying to get out of there park but it was hard to tell(this was also in a primary school).

I think we should ban ppl who want to ban stuff.

or ban people who want to ban people who want to ban stuff, LOL

Maybe we should go back to horse drawn carriages. That way we wont be polluting the atmosphere and we can still get around when we're drunk cause the horse willknow when to stop :)

its all crap like here in victoria the morons scrapped the power to weight ratio and just said no turbos or v8s but guess what diesels are exempt from it and if you look on any american sites you will see what they are capable of. so basically you cant drive a petrol v8 but you can drive a v8 diesel making 500hp+ and remember they scrapped the power to weight ratio:rolleyes:

Whenever one idiotic p-plater wipes himself/herself out on the road and takes a mate with them its front page of the telegraph stuff. Then everyone jumps on the P-plater bashing bandwagon and wham! Congratulations! We'll make people happy by punishing the 90% of p-platers that follow the rules with things like passenger restrictions (which is really good for increasing rates of drink driving after party's becuase you cant get a lift with your mate), night curfews and power restrictions. It solves nothing.
People just need to face facts that these things happen. People will die on the roads, accidents happen. Its unfortunate that someone will lose their son of daughter through a car crash but if they were speeding or hooning and lost control of their vehicle its the drivers fault for putting themselves into that position.
The worst thing that the government has put into place by far is the speed limit restrictions. I have personally seen learners doing 80km/h in a 110km/h zone in the middle and right hand lanes. You cant tell they are a learner until your right up their backside and can make out the half hidden 6inch square L plate from behind the rego plate and suddenly realise your going to have to find a gap quickly and undertake them because your doing 30km/h more than they are.
Personally i cant see any difference in my doing 100kmh and doing 110kmh. If anything, going the same speed as the rest of the traffic would be safer in my opinion as you wouldnt have everyone else flying past you.
/end Vent

i agree with alot of the points mad by everyone talking about restriction and stuff but at the end of the day they wont work, people will still do all the wrong things and yes it does let down all the good drivers, my wife got her license when she was 18-19 and she is on her last month of her green P's. we have 3 children and i can tell you she does not drive like a hoon she is one of the slowest drivers on the road, main reason being the kids but even when we had none she still stuck to all the road rules. I my self had a done up car when i was yound and got pulled over all the time, and it was always for a RBT what a load of **** the test your breath then go around the car checking everything, you dont see them doing that to a ford falcon that a 50yr old is driving. i got so many defects, stupid ones and all i wanted was a nice looking car like most of us in this conversaion no doubt. None of these things will work, they will always find away around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back