Your Fave Childhood Toy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithers

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What was you favourite childhood toy or something you really wanted and never got.

I'll start,.... When we were around 8-10 we'd go around the neighbourhood and wash cars on the weekend for a few hours then head over the road to the games shop and buy whatever was the latest fad or we could afford more to the point, and if anything left over it was hot chips or mixed lollies

My number one fave toy was a slingshot then, green slime, G I Joe ;) (Action Figure) Funny he never was friends with My sisters Barbie :/ was a sad day when Barbies hair caught fire :(

Something I always wanted but never got was a push bike...lol. crazy parents though it was to dangerous so they then gave me a skateboard,... go figure..lol

Sooooo you next, :) What's your Fave Childhood Toy ?

my rubber lizard (lizzie) oh and my rubber croc and snake :) wonder how i became to like herps :)

Funny he never was friends with My sisters Barbie :/ was a sad day when Barbies hair caught fire :(

Lol.

Lego was a consistent theme in my younger years. R/C cars and mini bikes when I got a little older.

When I was 3 or 4 I was at an opp shop with my mother. I was playing with the toys while she was looking at the clothes, and I took a liking to a small bear. The staff decided I could have him, and my mother couldn't understand why I wanted him, he's not exactly cute lol. I called him Monty, and I took him everywhere. When I went for a holiday at Cottage By The Sea when I was 8 (which I hated) My grandmother tried to send him to me because I forgot him. I got very sick and left there while he was in the post, and I was a bit upset because he wasn't at home and I didn't get him back for a while. I'm 22 and I still have him :D I have a pic of the letter my grandmother sent me while I was at Cottage By The Sea.

was a sad day when Barbies hair caught fire :(

LOL!!! I didn't set fire to a barbie but I hung one from a skipping rope from my bedroom door... never liked barbies much, I liked the action figure army men and cars and RC trucks :) I still have some of those action figures men:

Attachments

• Monty.jpg
    Monty.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 88
  • Action figures.jpg
    Action figures.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
My mother wanted to kill me once because she stood on a table from my dolls house... the legs went through the webbing in her toes *cringing*. I don't know why I had a dolls house anyway, I didn't like dolls.

Truth,....I went that long without a bike I stole money from my mother purse to buy raffle tickets for one, a whopping one dollar note. Yes kids there was a one dollar note,....Flame a thon coming. lol Im honest I told you all. ;)

A box of matches and a bag of fireworks...still is

Yes totally,...I must be on some truth syrum today,.....I remember me and a mate up the road had found a box of matches and looked at each other with glee ,...you could see sparks in our eyes well before a match had been lit,....within 10 mins we had enough went doen the road played cricket for ten mins and we heard this horrendous blast and waft of smoke filled the backyard of his house,...we all drop bats and bolted to see a shed well alit and the neighbour lol at us.........grounded indefinitely was the initial response :/

Last edited:
Truth,....I went that long without a bike I stole money from my mother purse to buy raffle tickets for one, a whopping one dollar note. Yes kids there was a one dollar note,....Flame a thon coming. lol Im honest I told you all. ;)

Ooh, naughty!!!

I can't talk, I saw 20 cents sitting on a desk in a furniture shop office one day when I was about 5, and I went in there and took it. I was scared my mother or stepfather would find out, so instead of putting the 20 cents in my pocket I put it in the heel of my shoe... I think I got away with that one.

It wasn't as bad as when I was in primary school and pokemon cards were really popular, a boy in my class stole money out of our teacher's wallet to buy some of those cards :shock:

Click Clacks,

Quite often they would end up on the telephone wires and
i got quite good at them but they got banned just like the fireworks..
(i think i was partly to blame for the firework ban in Victoria in the 70s)
Also spun a mean coca cola yoyo and kicked a$$ at Space Invaders back in the day to.

spokey dokeys! i think thats what they were called, you put them on the spokes of your bike and when you were riding they spun around and looked pretty....

YOYO's they came and went a few times through my childhood,....footy cards, and KIZZ cards Oh crucify me now

skate board, wanted a reflex but got a stupid piece of crap.

spokey dokeys! i think thats what they were called, you put them on the spokes of your bike and when you were riding they spun around and looked pretty....

Or the our westies version was a footy card stuck in the spike with a peg makes ya sound like a dirtbike.

hahaha! this thread is bringing back many happy memories! aaah the joys of being a child!! Your biggest worry is where your favourite toy is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back