Your Fave Childhood Toy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bug catcher was a favourite and the ever present jars of tadpoles and fishtanks with critters, lizards, snakes, mice or spiders.

A butterfly net and a bugcatcher kept me amused for hours.

My fathers 1958 Hornby train set + other sets from the 60's,I still have it.

i would say reptiles where like toys to me at that very young age. if i saw one it was like "wow, mum dad can i keep it" promise i will look after it and be good and do all my home work. not even that worked , thats why my mum found most things i shouldn't have under by bed lol....

Or the our westies version was a footy card stuck in the spike with a peg makes ya sound like a dirtbike.

I did that with playing cards, they wore out too quick though :(

The bug catcher was a favourite

I had one of those, but I used it to catch bees in, then I'd burn them to death with a magnifying glass. I was a nice kid.

My prized toy when I was very young, was this UGLY pink toy hippo that I called "Pippo". It was disgusting. And when my mother threw it out when I was 7, I cried about it for days.

Mine......is my Taz that i got at the age of 7! My childhood prior to that wasnt so great, & i didnt really 'like' anything, but when i moved in with my dad he bought it for me, & i have loved it ever since! My daughter slept with it for the first 3yrs of her life, as did my sons. We all love the devil!
taz.jpg

A box of matches and a bag of fireworks...still is

Oh Yes. My Mum still tells the story every Xmas. I was 15 and had just returned from the marets with a big bag of fireworks I had bought from "under the counter" at the Chinese guy's pet stall. I was in my downstairs bedroom, lighting them up and throwing them outside through the door and having a great time, when I saw Mum's car driving towards the house. I scooped up all the fireworks and threw them in my undie drawer. Mum walked in and asked if I could smell the phosophorous odour somewhere; "it almost smells like fireworks" she said. I replied that she was tripping. "No Fireworks here.." I responded with a guilty voice.

Right on cue a strange sound eminated from the place my undies are kept. "Bxzzzzzzzzz Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrr pop pop pop fizzzzzzzzzzz"

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

somehow in my haste I had forgotten that when I bailed all the gear into the drawer I was holding a lit crazy jack...obviously it took a couple of minutes to light up the whole drawer, leading to an almighty boom and some pretty colours.

Mum just stood looking at me. She was so unimpressed by my deceit that she refused to buy me undies for a month; I was forced to freeball it until my punishment was served and even then she bought me the dodgiest grandma undies she could find- the ones with a big pocket in the front.

Needless to say I only ever used fireworks WELL AWAY from the house from that point onwards ;)

skate board, wanted a reflex but got a stupid piece of crap.

Yep. I was so embarrased rocking up to the skatepark with a "California Pro". I ended up swapping it with a bluetongue lizard for a kid's beaten up Reflex. He thought all his Christmases had come at once.

I have wanted a horse since i was 5. im now 29 and will have to w8 some more till we have the room!!
I still have my silk scarves that I use to sleep with as a kid!

wombles! i had wombles a madam cholet and tomsk and orinoco still have them too then i got a cabbage patch kid which i loved his nmae was kurt untill my lil sister gave him a lobotomy ..my wee one loves her cabbage patch kids now ..NO barbies hated them with a passion still do so my wee girl gt given one so i got her a gi joe my other girl loved bratz she has her packed in a box now though

but my bestest toy ever that could go anywhere and do anything was my bug catcher and butterfly net i even slept with them

As a small child it was a exceedingly tolerant female pug who put up with my casual cruelty until I learnt better.
Then it was a series of horses, fishing rods and .22's and a small tool box filled with shifters, spanners and screw drivers.
Dad kicked himself over that one because I had a knack of dismantling things to see how they worked and then promptly forgetting how to put them back together.
One dreary relative did give me a Barbie once and she became a skinhead within 5 mins of unwrapping. Imagine my disgust in discovering it didn't grow back.

I luved marbles.. we took em to school an traded or won more in battles, or lost more :( but they were the bomb!!

and collecting phone cards, those old ones you put in a phone box and it punches a hole in it when used up... I checked every phone box everywhere we went and multiple boxes in one area was like christmas haha loved it!!! :D

My favourite toys were:

Ninja turtle figurines, Gameboy, Guitar and Commodore 64

:D

When I was a kid I had two things with me EVERYWHERE I went no matter where I went. My bendable Gumby toy and my bug catcher :) I was always out catching stuff and observing it for a few days then letting it go where I found it. Mum used to hate when I'd come back with all kinds of spiders lol. Gumby used to help me catch them, I'd use him to pome stuff out of holes and catch spiders too lol.

Oh Yes. My Mum still tells the story every Xmas. I was 15 and had just returned from the marets with a big bag of fireworks I had bought from "under the counter" at the Chinese guy's pet stall. I was in my downstairs bedroom, lighting them up and throwing them outside through the door and having a great time, when I saw Mum's car driving towards the house. I scooped up all the fireworks and threw them in my undie drawer. Mum walked in and asked if I could smell the phosophorous odour somewhere; "it almost smells like fireworks" she said. I replied that she was tripping. "No Fireworks here.." I responded with a guilty voice.

Right on cue a strange sound eminated from the place my undies are kept. "Bxzzzzzzzzz Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrr pop pop pop fizzzzzzzzzzz"

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

somehow in my haste I had forgotten that when I bailed all the gear into the drawer I was holding a lit crazy jack...obviously it took a couple of minutes to light up the whole drawer, leading to an almighty boom and some pretty colours.

Mum just stood looking at me. She was so unimpressed by my deceit that she refused to buy me undies for a month; I was forced to freeball it until my punishment was served and even then she bought me the dodgiest grandma undies she could find- the ones with a big pocket in the front.

Needless to say I only ever used fireworks WELL AWAY from the house from that point onwards ;)

Yep. I was so embarrased rocking up to the skatepark with a "California Pro". I ended up swapping it with a bluetongue lizard for a kid's beaten up Reflex. He thought all his Christmases had come at once.

Ah dude to funny im in stitches, needed that thanks.

Ah dude to funny im in stitches, needed that thanks.

I guess I was the only one feeling sorry for his poor mother having to wash his skid marked jeans until she brought him new jocks?

when I first looked at this I was shocked :shock:
that indian and spaceman look ummmm.. kinda anatomically correct :lol:
and the indian doesn't look like he's wearing any jocks or are they "flesh coloured" briefs with a little bow waistband?

I still have some of those action figures men:

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back