Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

graedesire

Not so new Member
Reaction score
OK so I have a lil confession to make. A while back I introduced myself and let you all know how much I loved Geckos and was looking into getting some. I also said that my partner and I had been considering snakes also (BHP and Woma). As I was looking for info for the geckos I happened to stumble across this website and have now spent many hours reading what's going on in these wonderful forums, talking to a few people and just working out what I know, need to know and what I really want to do.

So after all this time things have changed a bit :p I really love the amyae but can't have them here in SA without the specialized licence. I looked into a few others including the asper but really had my heart set on those guys.

But while hanging around I've read about so many different and interesting things that my opinion has changed in the snake department. My partner still wants a BHP and I don't think that will change which is fine, they are growing on me a lot more. I personally have found myself not really digging the woma anymore. (don't hate me woma lovers! Just don't think they are for me!:)) You all have wonderful snakes and experiences that you have shared and I've found myself interested in so many different types that I really had no idea about. So anyways a lil while ago I worked out what I wanted and I like to think it is based on a more knowledgeable point of view (realising I didn't know quite as much as I thought ;) and have decided on a Murray Darling :)

The real excitement doesn't end there lol In saying that I am now the proud owner of one :)

I've had 'him' for about two weeks? and it all seems to be going awesomely. He's a yearling, not sure if he is a he although he is called rambo :p Ate, seems very settled, not jumpy or startled or angry or striking or anything. I feel very lucky :)

So basically thanks everyone for sharing what you've shared, and passing on your knowledge, and even the arguing lol It's all helped and I think I've made a good choice for
my first pet snake :)

Nice story, I also love the BHP but not a big fan of the woma's :)

Congrats on your little Murray Darling.

Pics Please :D

We all love pics don't we? :) I have some very dodgy phone ones but nothing that great. will work on it in the next few days and see if I can get something nice otherwise I'll throw the dodgy ones up!

Congrats on your new family member.. You can still get a gecko you know ;)

Congrats on your new family member.. You can still get a gecko you know ;)

Oh don't think I've just thrown them out...just prioritising I guess hehehe

I think the thing that made me put if off a bit besides the whole amyae thing was I would like to try breeding them so it's more set up and a lot more knowledge and practice and just effort I guess. I have had a bit of a crazy year and just don't think I have the energy to put into it what I would like to accomplish at this stage.

My lil Rambo :)

Rambo1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, So far I'm well in love :p I just sit there watching him all the time, trying to be a good girl and leave him alone, we talk often though... :)

ohhhhh yeahhhhh, the mighty MD triumphs again!
THE most under rated python hands down :)
Glad we can help i hope some of my MD love and dribble helped sway ya :)
so who did you get the lil guy from if i can ask?

Graedesire, I congratulate you on your first (definitely won't be the last! ;)) Murray Darling! And, I have to say, little Rambo looks like he's going to be a real charmer! :)

The absolute worst part of a new critter is, like you've discovered, is "having" to leave them be to settle. Talking to him until such time, is fantastic - let him get to know your "vibes" and you both will do well!

From one Crow-Eater (and MD keeper) to another, I'm proud of you! :D I'm sure you both will have many years of pure joy together!

All the best,
Carolyn

so who did you get the lil guy from if i can ask?
Yeah no probs, got it from reptile city. As it was my first I figured someone who has to be open between the hours of 9-5 was the best way to go. I'm a worrier lol although haven't had a need to call up at all as he is perfect :)

Graedesire, I congratulate you on your first (definitely won't be the last! ;)) Murray Darling! And, I have to say, little Rambo looks like he's going to be a real charmer! :)
yeah I know it won't be, the partner's already getting a bit full on with the BHP talk lol but he has other thing's to do first like get his tattoo finished that he keeps complaining about (of a snake no less) and wants his gun license, his list is longer than mine I swear! and I want the chance to really get to know snake behaviour before getting something so massive. Although I have been looking into what I might possibly want IF I did want another one in the future though....lol

hooked??
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back