your herps and travel?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defective

~ Yoda (2008-2020), you loved me more than life!!
Reaction score
hey all,
so i'm just wondering if anyone takes there snakes/lizards on car rides and how they react?

i take my boy yoda for car rides when ever we need to go a petshop to get rabbit and guinea pig stuff. he loves it so much that when i say he's going for a ride he gets all psyched and will find his spot on my shirt and just sit there.

now i know the opinions of some who think taking your herp out in public is bad but i honestly couldn't care. yeah people freak out but it's actually a very low percent there's a higher percent that are very interested and when i took him to PetStock at parafield the other day i got into a really good convo about reptiles with one of the customer service guys - he has 3 stimmies, 2 beardies a coastal and 5 jungles

so Yoda loves it he's known at the Port adelaide petshop 'Petsland' maybe im just weird like that.

anyone else??

na man i think its good to take them .. but there is always others that are judgemental .. i just do wat i want .. if it makes u and ur Reptiles happy then i say go all out :)
im moving back to Sydney in 2 weeks and my Darwin is riding shot gun the whole way down in the car from Briso :) ..

oh my bad :p ..
i have no idea man ..i see acouple of ppl here n there take their reptiles out ..

thats the good thing about living in SA, i only have one reptile so i don't need a licence just yet.
Yoda is so good and mum is getting a dash mat so he can sit on the dash. only one that doesn't like it when i bring him along is my sister coz she thinks hes going to run away. haha i had to put him in my hand bag the other day coz he was getting ratty coz we were so close to home so i put him in and he quietened down pronto ( he was wriggling so much i didn't want to drop him hence why i put him in my handbag)

reptiles arnt like cats n dogs ur just going to stress it out

Putting any animal in a handbag sounds just silly to me. Handbags aren't reptile carriers they are for makeup, phones other non living things.

lol, i pick my car critters carefully now, made the mistake of taking boy beardy to mums a while ago and ended up totally covered in scratches! (actually, he'd be ok now, hes discovered digging is fun,..so much fun i had to close his tank so his nails could grow back,..him not inside obviously)

He loved it tho, wanted to run around and look out windows, but since it was just me and him he wasnt allowed cos i didnt wanna lose him,...

if im taking more than 1 i use a cat carrier, theyre such a handful when they get excited!!

That's so irresponsible it's not even funny. Do you ever think about the snake's well being? How can you tell if it's happy? And by dash, hopefully you don't mean the car dash board do you? If so then, please give the snake to someone else who's more capable of taking care of it than you. Honest opinions. Obviously you're going to disregard all the comments that goes against your original post but please think twice about it.

WHAT the heck are you talking about snakelover????i don't have a snake!!! ohh and as for the handbag thing, it was for 2mins from the car to his enclosure, like i said i didn't wanna drop him.

Snakelover: i would never take a snake to a petshop i would only do travel when necessary. Yoda as its clear in my sig, is my bearded dragon and i've had him long enough to know when he's happy and unhappy, stressed and relaxed, you have no beardies so i doubt you get that connection, he had no stress lines, wasn't black bearding, and was his normal colour with no fidgeting on the way there or back, he got wriggly when we pulled into our driveway.

i don't drive and never will so there will always be 2 people and it's not like i do it every week its probably once every 3-4mths.

junglepython2: the only animals at petstock parafield are a parrot that sits at the service desk and fish. i stayed in the reptile area and didn't let anyone touch him for that exact reason, dunno where their hands had been or what they had handled.

Parafeild stock frogs I got some there a while back. They also have loads of fish and other people bringing in pets.

i take my boy yoda for car rides when ever we need to go a petshop to get rabbit and guinea pig stuff. he loves it so much that when i say he's going for a ride he gets all psyched and will find his spot on my shirt and just sit there.

The beardy gets psyched! That has to be the funniest thing i've ever read! Bearded Dragons are not domesticated pets like dogs..... it's stupid to begin thinking they are animals that can be trained and taught to do tricks :rolleyes:

Like said, it is ILLEGAL to continuously remove your animals from the location where they are kept (as known by NPWS) and take them to shops etc as it poses a risk to the animal's health, physically and internally. This topic has been discussed before, movement of animals should only occur in necessary circumstances such as travels to the vet or during transactions. Obviously, many people earn a living by showing animals in a public setting but obviously this topic isn't about them...

People that take their animal to shops just to try and look cool or educated in front of people at pet shops are not responsible and shouldn't keep them.

haha told ya to wait for the Judgemental's haha
seriosly how do u know if someone else's reptile is being stressed when your not witnessing it firsthand ..
ahhh u people make a good bed time story :D

I saw a young couple in our local petshop, with a children's and they were wondering around like they were all that, next thing I heard where's the snake,lol it got under a small gap under the reptile enclosures, everyone was panicking and I went up to them and said, that's y you leave reptiles at home, they are not accessories that you take everywhere.

with this thread up on beardies, quick question ive got the flu and wondering if i can still get him out and let him sit on my shoulder like he always does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back