Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something but the superform looks to me to be a patternless morelia.
Yeah it's new, different and interesting in it's own way.
Claimed to be pure jungle but I haven't seen any local 100% pure jungles that look like that line bred or otherwise. Not saying that it isn't or couldn't be just being a sceptic as to its claimed provenance.

Also if a picture of a patternless childreni (same theme different species) was posted could it be named a superform as well?

Cheers
Octane

Someone (in Australia) posted pics of their zebras on an international forum.
They had a bit of size on them, probably 2 year olds. Their colour looked a bit dull so they might be coastal crosses (bred for size).

Will be interesting who comes out with them first. I want one (or 3)! lol

I cant see it has any purity at all Its certainly been crossed bred at some stage resulting in a jag not a morph of any sort anyway I would rather a high yellow 100 percent jungle python any day

I cant see it has any purity at all Its certainly been crossed bred at some stage resulting in a jag not a morph of any sort anyway I would rather a high yellow 100 percent jungle python any day

No, the zebra morph is a pure jungle morph and overseas there are plenty of pure specimen.
Some breeders have out crossed them though for different colour variations.

the zebras co-dominant genetics are the best thing going for it in my opinion. Im not a huge fan of the black and yellow zebras or the B&W zebras and prefer the look of my B&W and black and yellow jungles on a visual scale.
I just dont personally like those crazy squiggly lines :D and prefer neatly banded or striiped patterns.

but I do like the super form and do like the caramel zebras.

I remember this thread.
I really like zebras. I've been out of the loop for a while now, but I'm 100% sure that there would be zebras here, it'll be like jags, they won't come out on the market until there are decent numbers etc. I'm sure if you've got the right friends you could find some....
I don't doubt their purity, but as mentioned, they have been crossed with jags, caramels and I'm sure albinos by now.
As for the size, alot of overseas jungles get to 6 or 7 foot. they're very rarely locality specific animals, so you don't often get the classic 3 - 5 foot palmerstons we're all use to here, alot of the time they have atherton or similar bloodlines that give them the extra size.

just to make it clear the zebra co-dominant morph is totally different to the jag co-domiinant morph.

I haven't heard of or seen any pics of an albino zebra tom but it might actually look ok.

Col, I'm Pretty sure Paul harris has or is going to pull that one off.
I think it would look awesome.
Apaprently he's made a super zebra granite as well and its not all patternless? Pretty sure it will be in the new book by N.Mutton and J.Julander.

I haven't seen any either col, but I haven't been looking. I'm just assuming that now albinos are overseas and zebras are most likely here, surely someone has hets at least by this stage.
To be honest I think it would have to be a really high contrast albino to look decent, but i'd still keen to see it.
I'll have to start scouting for pics more thoroughly again. There's a few zebra morph combos i'd like to see.

I doubt many will show until 2nd or 3rd gen. I do know some have been offered (normal zebs). Probably one of the better morphs, as Zebras have no Neuro and have a super form. An albino super zebra would look like a bright yellow snake with pink eyes (drooools).

Interesting time ahead for the Australian hobby IMO.

Col, I'm Pretty sure Paul harris has or is going to pull that one off.
I think it would look awesome.
Apaprently he's made a super zebra granite as well and its not all patternless? Pretty sure it will be in the new book by N.Mutton and J.Julander.

I saw a picture and it was a jet black snake. Not sure of the belly tho

Someone (in Australia) posted pics of their zebras on an international forum.
They had a bit of size on them, probably 2 year olds. Their colour looked a bit dull so they might be coastal crosses (bred for size).

Will be interesting who comes out with them first. I want one (or 3)! lol

I saw the same post so assuming it was legit, they are here. I have been following them for quite a while now and at first I didn't really like them either but I now quite like them. Especially a couple of bright yellow ones I've seen.

And the super form is a big + and the possibilities of what you could do with it.
Cheers,
Allan

I saw the same post so assuming it was legit, they are here. I have been following them for quite a while now and at first I didn't really like them either but I now quite like them. Especially a couple of bright yellow ones I've seen.

And the super form is a big + and the possibilities of what you could do with it.
Cheers,
Allan

Yeah it was legit... only an Australian would have flooring that horrible hahahaha (nothing against the owner ;) )

So those that are here, what are the chances they are pure jungle? they'd probably be the cheapest they could grab from overseas at the time of smuggling which means they are probably just normal coastal x jungle zebras from a caramel x zebra mating. My money isn't on them being pure but I'm sure we'll be told they are! And those who get their hands on the first lot of hatchies will say the same. I like morphs but they are really going to dirty the hobby with bucket loads of hybrid crap :(
I can't wait to see albino supers! I believe Paul Harris paired up zebra het albino x zebra het albino last season and should have recently hatched, cant wait to see the results! If you're working on mixed blood projects here, do the hobby in australia a huge favor and throw any mongrel sibs in the freezer!!

I agree, I just think these guys will add to the mix. I have no issue with the morphs and producing some incredible animals it's just all the rubbish that comes along with them I dont want to see get confused with pure stock etc. already I'm questioning purity on a lot of youngens, even more so I think because there's so many jags and yet so few sibs.

. I like morphs but they are really going to dirty the hobby with bucket loads of hybrid crap :(
I can't wait to see albino supers! I believe Paul Harris paired up zebra het albino x zebra het albino last season and should have recently hatched, cant wait to see the results! If you're working on mixed blood projects here, do the hobby in australia a huge favor and throw any mongrel sibs in the freezer!!

Does this mean there's albino cheynei overseas or are we talking about albino vareigata being crossed to zebra cheyneis to produce the zebra albino hets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back