Zephyr my Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempest

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd post a couple of pics of Zephyr now that he's finally been named!!

I bought a nice sideboard to put his vivarium on and moved it out of my bedroom and into the lounge... the infra red light was playing havoc with my sleep! He spends most of his time hiding still so it will be great when he becomes a bit more active!

These were taken Wednesday night.

He looks like a very happy snake :)

Feel free to post more pics!!

He looks great Tempest!!!

I soooo want a diamond now!! lol

Can I ask what type of cam you used for the shots??

Pretty, I love Diamonds and have 5 snakes only 2 are Diamonds and Im getting 2 more.I wish I had a digital camera :roll: Oh well that will be the next thing after my Diamonds :D
Tempest you will enjoy this little guy for a long time.

Thanks guys, like I said I love him and am really happy with him. Looking forward to his first shed with me and seeing the difference.

I'll post a couple more pics later tonight, these are just ones I emailed to myself at work. I think I snapped about 200 odd all up! The room was pitch black because the heat lamp went out and I went into a snapping frenzy because I couldn't see anything!

Jez, I'll get back to you on the camera when I find out.

Matt I'm not quite sure of the name of the substrate, it's a kind of sand that I bought in bags at the reptile centre I got Zeph from. It looks good in the vivarium but I'm not sure about it... was thinking of replacing it with astro turf because I worry about the grains sticking to Zeph's food and him ingesting too many of them. I liked the option at the time because it obviously makes cleaning his crap easier than taking out astro turf and washing it etc.

Thanks Lurk. What a shame you don't have a digital camera! I've had an obsession with diamonds since I was about 8, so it's a pleasure to finally have one! Love Bredlis too... although I think I'll just stick to Zeph at the moment until I'm a bit more experienced and then it'll be a toss up between another Diamond or a Bredli.

I have the same dilemma......next python...Diamond or Bredli...hmmmmm...decisions, decisions :)

I've loved diamonds since I was a kid too....but have a thing for Bredli's now.....and the MD I just got just won me over!!

Just a quick ? Tempest.What is the substrate you have him on?

Re: RE: Zephyr my Diamond

JEZ said:
I have the same dilemma......next python...Diamond or Bredli...hmmmmm...decisions, decisions :)

I've loved diamonds since I was a kid too....but have a thing for Bredli's now.....and the MD I just got just won me over!!

They all have a way of winning us over....Best to consider space first Jez :D

I have never seen it before thats why I asked.....I use carpet easy to clean and dry...Tried sand for the BH that had to go after a week it was not good for him. :)

tempest said:
Matt I'm not quite sure of the name of the substrate, it's a kind of sand that I bought in bags at the reptile centre I got Zeph from. It looks good in the vivarium but I'm not sure about it... was thinking of replacing it with astro turf because I worry about the grains sticking to Zeph's food and him ingesting too many of them. I liked the option at the time because it obviously makes cleaning his crap easier than taking out astro turf and washing it etc.

That kinda substrate lol. I think it might have been called desert sand??

Lurk I'll PM you. I don't want to take over Tempest's thread with my Q's.. :)

I think he's just asking if one needs more space than the other...?

tempest said:
tempest said:

That kinda substrate lol. I think it might have been called desert sand??

I was thinking the same thing,but you could feed him out of the encloser in a tub and continue using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back