Zombie rat kills snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkage

Reaction score
A friend donked a rat, threw it in, then left to do a few things.. The result being that the rat turned out to be a Zombie, awoke from the dead and ate the Diamond Pythons brains...

Let this be a lesson that feeding frozen is the only way to ensure Zombie rats do not eat our snakes brains.

brokensnake.jpg

By stickytounge at 2011-05-03

Last edited:
What kind of a wuss python lets a rat get away with that sort of s##t.

Dam he should have hit the rat a bit harder. Frozen and thawed for me. Your mate must be devistated.

He smashed the rat pretty good, to the point it appeared dead, It won't be eating heads of things anymore though.

Ugh... I like my mice and rats frozen and sealed in little packs... + above is the reasons why. Poor snake!

I would have terrible things to that rat after that!

So sad :(

The rat had just been smashed and tossed into its worst nightmare- I dont think you can blame the rat for fighting for its life. Only one target of blame in this scenario.

You would think that the snake would fight back when the rat started eating it wouldn't you?

yea, I'm sorry but your story doesn't quite cut it, for a rat to do THAT kind of damage, it was left in there for at least a full day or more, a rat (or anything) that's been smashed in the head will not be wanting to eat for QUITE some time to say the least.
no one with any sense throws a fresh kill in and doesn't watch it until it's gone.

I'm sure there's far more to this story than we've been told and led to believe.

and why would you even SHOW that kind of picture on here? you could have told the story without inflicting shock on unsuspecting reptile lovers.

*shakes head in shame*

It is a diamond though, if it's anything like mine and my mates one, it doesn't really attack its food, it kinda slowly approaches it and casually eats it, as if it were in slow motion.

Maybe that one was like that and got ambushed?

The rat had just been smashed and tossed into its worst nightmare- I dont think you can blame the rat for fighting for its life. Only one target of blame in this scenario.

Yeah I know, thats why we dont feed live but youd expect a bit more from a healthy diamond. I think Recharge is onto something, thats a fair bit of head to be eaten in the time it takes to "do a few things".

to me it looks to be alive still looking at the body, just the way it is sitting. ya sure ya mates not one of the special affects artist.

well at least we can refer back to this thread when talking about why you dont feed live or just belt rat on head and throw in then walk away for likeat least a DAY.
poor husbandry at its worst

This Has to be a wind up. Maybe it was the same 'friend' whose python lays next to them to size them up for dinner?

A great lesson though to those that still feed live prey to their snakes, I know a few people that still think it's cool to watch the whole strike, coil, kill, swallow thing. And no doubt they walk away if it doesn't happen in the 1st 30 seconds or minute.
A great (albeit confronting) lesson to those that don't know enough yet.
Thanks

Sorry my ''Story'' doesn't add up and you're disappointed in the content, you'll be glad to know from this point onward i will do my very best to lift the standards of such posts to meet you're requirements.

The rat was in there for at least an hour and a half, i'm not entirely sure if it ''ate'' its brains, maybe ''chewed its head off'' was more appropriate..

''I'm sure there's far more to this story than we've been told and led to believe.''
I'm not sure what you mean by this? As far as you believing my the statement..I am not bothered of you're opinion either way good sir.

Thank you for you're expertise on the matter i'll be sure to pass the info on.

yea, I'm sorry but your story doesn't quite cut it, for a rat to do THAT kind of damage, it was left in there for at least a full day or more, a rat (or anything) that's been smashed in the head will not be wanting to eat for QUITE some time to say the least.
no one with any sense throws a fresh kill in and doesn't watch it until it's gone.

I'm sure there's far more to this story than we've been told and led to believe.

and why would you even SHOW that kind of picture on here? you could have told the story without inflicting shock on unsuspecting reptile lovers.

*shakes head in shame*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back