digestion..how long??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noah07

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering i have 2 bredli pythons 3 months old and they have had 3 feeds since ive had them and i havnt seen any feacies from either snake how long does it take for them to digest their food?? should i wait for them to do something before i feed again?? is this normal?

most snakes will defecate about 4 days after eating, most of mine dont untill about 6 days, but i have had some of mine keep it in for about 2 weeks, but i think that was when it got a bit cold b4 winter.

Yeh I would not panic to much esp if the feeds are small. Bredli are known for hanging onto things but my coastals do it as well. Give it the next size up from a pinky mouse if your not already and I am sure it will start producing lol:)

im feeding them fuzzie mice they have been on them for ages gunna try give them a pinkie rat next week not sure of temps but both r always warm they r in click clacks on a heat mat. should be somewhere round 30 degrees.

First step would be to get a thermometer and be sure about the temps.I know your saying it should be around 30 deg but how are you determining this?Correct temps play a big part in the digestion of snakes.

It could be a matter of needing time to settle in and adjust... my girl had no real pattern to her toileting for the first 3-4 weeks that I had her... Now its feed on Monday, pee on Wednesday, poop on Thursday, like clockwork. Sometimes, just to mix things up she will combine steps 2 and 3 on Thursday lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back