Easiest way to clean logs for snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelialover

Reaction score
whats the easiest most effective way of cleaning / sterolizing logs (red gum) for putting it in with my Bredli and Beardie?

cheers

Just brush them off, or hose them down and then after they're dry, put 'em in!

Jamie.

awsome, gave em a brush down and blow out with Air Comp, and there in! :D, ill get some pics up soon ;)

cheers for the help

If you want to sterilize them, bake in the oven 150degrees for 10 min

oh i thought iof that but they dont fit in the over lol, one is 4ft long (perch) and the other 2-3ft and some curved and stuff. cheers neway dude :)

i just put them in boiling water for about ten minutes let them dry put them in they seem fine

diluted bleach quickest way to sterlize boiling water is the quickest way to clean IMO

i just stuck mine in, but instead of oven u could put in black garbage bag make it airtight and leave in sun for a few days

I have an old laundry hamper that I fill with hot water and disinfectant, (some people on here have posted doing similar in their bath tub).

Soak the logs in there, turn occasionally.

As others have stated, if the logs are clean and have not been sitting on the ground, you are reasonably safe, but I still go through the above process with anything going in with my beard, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back