calling all mums and or dads

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet is full of trolls. I'd go join a support group supervised by a licensed nurse you dont know whos giving you the information on a forum. (talking about directly medical related stuff such as pregnancy not the being a father area)

I must have been a perfect parent, my daughter is now 35 and my son is 37....and they both still talk to me. :) When mum is pregnant....the best advice you can take is from your doctor.

Meggz, i was around my neice large amount of times with her from birth to 6 yrs old, i couldnt talke babyish to her but i guess thats me
guess as you said its the matter of time and ill find what works best for us and our new born, :)

Brissyboy, thats true about the trolls some people should not be allowed internet access

Granieannie, thats true the best advice is from a doctor i would never scour a internet forum for a quick fix like some people to for there reptiles, its more of a support particaully for the mrs so she doesnt feel like she is alone and can talk with people in the same position as her,

huge thanks to everyone thats repleied keep them coming guys,

My son was not planned and I was one of those people that took it as bad news, having said that from the moment he was born I have not regretted having him for a second, good luck and I hope you and your partner have a healthy and happy child

Last edited:
is there any forums for pregnancy that anyone an recommend some where my partner and i can get some info during the pregnancy

Hey google 'Essential Baby' and join the online community. I found it sooo helpful, that was a couple of years ago now but I'm sure not much would have changed. As with all forums, you will learn quickly whos advice to listen to. There are a number of midwives and a huuuge number of experienced parents on there, as well as heaps of people who are new to it all like yourself :)

thanks brissyboY

Megzz thanks heaps ill google that, yea thats right you will syphor who's full of it, and who knows what there talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I would add to all this is be there for your kid. Yes I was young and dumb had a child when I was far to young and to this day I have not seen or spoken to him and it really does break a mans heart but my girlfriend and I couldn't see eye to eye so she moved back to Sydney before he was born.

My biggest regret to this day is not being there for him

So sorry bpb02....maybe one day your boy will seek you out and you'll get a second chance....it does happen. :)
Parenting has got to be the hardest job in the world....if you don't have them in your life you miss them, if you do have them in your life you break your heart over them....but no matter what.....you never stop loving them. You may not always ... like them...but you will always love them.... at least I hope so.

Mind you in my personal case......things were a little different with my father....but he's dead now !!

Brissyboy, the topic was fine it was legitemite topic seeking help as im new to upcoming father hood so i thought i would ask some experineced people, it was the idiotic replies like particualur members saying to my kids well yea most people have seen it came across very perverted to me,

thats not good Bpb02 have you tried getting custody or atleast visitation rights?

Last edited:
after some time talking with my partner we have decided to start our own family, as i will be a first time dad excluding all the reps lol im looking for any advice people may have to offer me that can help me along the way or point me in the right direction

anything and everything can and will help i want to learn from peoples mistakes so i avoid those tracks myself,

if you have nothing nice to say dont say it in my thread i dont talk rubbish in your thread!

Thanks to all serious people that post

SLEEP WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!! hehehe seriously, we thought we knew allllll about what was to come - sleep deprivation... but it's not quite understood till experienced... it's hard, but worth it....

yea, ive heard good sleep is a no go for the first 3 months but i have the worse sleep anyways i spend most of the night up and down and im a extremely light sleeper, so it shouldnt bother me to much, but im deffinetly resting up though,

The best piece of advise I ever received was; if it yawns, put it to bed! Babies don't yawn for any other reason than they are sleepy.

And, I know everone wants to tell you horror stories about pregnancy and everyone else will tell you not to listen to them... but, there is alot to learn from other peoples bad experiences so when someone tells you something that sounds horrific ask them what they would have done differently. You don't have to take the advise and you might never need it but sometimes its just worth listening. I have my own horror story like so many other people but the one thing I would do differently (as a pregnant mum to be) is have your thyroid levels checked now and later in the pregnancy. Its only a blood test.

Exciting times for you Stimmie. I think the best advise is follow your instincts. If it feels right/ wrong then it is. Each child need to be treated differently as each child is different. I so thought that children shouldn't sleep with their parents.Then they handed her to me. I felt so right that she was close to us. She has co slept ever since. Also relax. Just enjoy it.
I loved and love every thing about the process of becoming a parent. I even thought child birth was fantastic. Had a really positive experience. Not sure what you partner is into but i really enjoyed pregnancy yoga. Good way to find a support network too. I still catch up with some of the girls. After bub was born i also attended community heath classes though our community health centre. Teaches you the basics eg feeding, sleep, health etc but this is where we created out parents group. We are still meeting 3 years on. Good luck and i hope you don't have to wait long before you get the good news.

go with your instincts and do what you think is right.
Be prepared for a life changing experience.
Say goodbye to your former life (if you think kids don't change things than think again!)
Be ready for the best thing that ever happened to you as my daughter is unreal and melts my heart everyday.
I can't wait to get home to her after work and her reaction is wonderful to come home to

go for it

j

Say goodbye to your former life (if you think kids don't change things than think again!)

Um YES very good advice there! Honestly, think about how much it will change your life. I wasn't prepared for it. Everything you do from now on will revolve around on things like whether you can find a babysitter, whether its past the kids bedtime etc etc :lol:

Not trying to scare you but... well yeah, you should be a little bit scared :p

stimmie
my wife suggested this site for your wife Birthhttp://www.babycenter.com.au/community/birthclubs/ Clubs just click on the month she is due and she can talk too women at the same stage plus it carries on after the birth .My best advice i can give to you is enjoy ever minute of them cause they grow up really quick my boy will be 2 (already) on our shared birthday july 31st and my little girl whom i dellived at home is 3 weeks old already. iv'e got a plaque that reads " any one can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy " and for me being a dad is something special that i treasure
Cheers and all the best too both of you Deano

Positive reinforcement, not encouraging bad behaviours, not letting them sleep in your bed, controlled crying, discipline, and love unabounding.... yep, this is exactly the approach that I took with my puppies, and I now have two fantastic, well-behaved, grown-up dogs :lol: I'm kidding, of course. But whenever I have had difficulties with my partner's son, I have turned back to the basics of good dog training, and it has not failed me... yet ;)

On a different note, you have got some great advice on this thread about what to do for your newborn (congrats, by the way!). But at the same time, I would encourage you and your partner to discuss how it might change your relationship - your priorities, your time for each other, the effort you put in to make each other feel special - and do your best to continue doing at least some of this. The best gift that my parents ever gave me was that of showing their kids the stability, functionality, and "specialness" of their own relationship by putting their efforts not only into us, but also into each other. It taught us boundaries, responsibility, and how good things can be between a husband and wife.

My partner and I try to model similar behaviours in our life and family unit, and his son (now 13) has expressed to me how good it has been for him to see his dad so happy, and in a mutual, respectful successful relationship, as opposed to the number of other broken relationships he has had to witness. So far, just like it was a gift from my parents to me, I'm really glad I've been able to pass something positive onto both my partner, and just as importantly, his son.

Good luck!

thanks everyone, reall big help with all your replies, they all point to the same thing

Scalymung, ill pass that on to the mrs tell your wife i said thanks for that sure she will be very appreciative of that

once again thanks everyone for your replies keep them coming, the more i can soak in the better:)

yes no doubtly will be a total life style change but for the good,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back