Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going with the smaller ones, be carefull wich large natives you put with them most of them eat the smaller ones.

Yeah I know which is why I havent chosen any so far. Even the flat headed gudgeon are a bit like that although the dwarf's are obviously smaller so Im hoping they wont be a problem, its pretty much the only one Im not sure on yet.

squirtle have you got any elephant nose?

Nope, I almost got some today 4-5 inch 50$ but ended up with some turtles and god knows how many cichlids lol.

Considering elephant with aba aba and ghost knife, just not enough hours in the day!

mmmm 5 Turtles 8 Fish all over 8 inch xD

The ladies wanted turtles, I wanted fish was going to result in a fight sooo I fixed the issue and got both ^_^

your native tank sounds nice btw ;) what tank size are you planning?

Just murray river but a mix, some are long neck some are short some have pointy shells some dont, I just let the ladies pick.

I plan on building an out door area with turtles and water monitor or water dragons over using a fish tank. We have an area about 10m by 6m of just soil that no one uses and weeds grow right outside my fish room. so prefect spot to have it setup. I believe murrays are the only ones who can handle the melbourne weather all year around when they reach 20cm. going to try to build like a mini room for them anyway with a heater and basking lamp. All in the air! First step first keep the turtles alive!

Last edited:
mm I might have one u can take dirt cheap needs a stand but.

Murray rivers long necks and short necks 2 longs 3 shorts. Size is about 10-15 cm shell

Here's a pic of my turtles.
DSCF1794.jpg

ELN's and Murray's? Im prob going to use the tank I have a couple of murrays in when I put them outside but not sure. Ill let you know.

Looks like an awesome set up Jason.

:D that looks so nice. see I think turtles are more suited for ponds etc then tanks. Fish I understand in tanks so you can view them better but turtles come and say hello.

I really hope my pond works out :)!

So do you keep your turtles outside all year around twitch? Any heating during winter or just a cover? I have been cruising around the ATF and theres many people keeping them outside but very few in melbourne.

pond.jpg

An Image from ATF, I plan to some what copy this but a bit more water for the lizards and turtles to have there own pond area kind of thing then a few big native fish, Have been talking to some people who keep jardini and they reckon they could last the winter if I make the pond deep enough

Last edited:
I have one murray turtle that eats out of my hand, but the rest dive for cover when they see you.

ah! only at first or do u have to sneak up on them to get the pictures?

I know at my 2 LFS they keep turtles in the tanks, seems to be the new thing. The turtles never run away, always just sitting there having a look around no matter how close you get the tank.

You can sneak up on them, but if you get to close there in the water once there in the water there not scared expecialy
if they see food.

mine are ok outside I live in Brisbane they just sleep alot here lol.

Heres a pic of my new lace monitor cage still in progress when its finish i'll put it on the monitor thread I have to change
the mesh to weld mesh it used to be a bird cage.
DSCF2202.jpg

great setup mate! would go good for some eastern water dragons for me!

Last edited:
Thanks mate you could keep a few water dragons in some thing that size lol.

Look at this little bloke, allways comes runing when he sees me with food.
DSCF2422.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back