Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lachlano2000

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Today I handled my 8 month old jungle for the first time and it went really well. I used a hook to get him out of his click clack and then lowered him above my hand so he could scent it and make his way down when he felt comfortable(I believe this is a good tip for newbies like myself). I had him out for a total of 10 minutes maybe and he showed no signs of wanting to bite me until he got onto the ground and I had to pick him up(still didn't get tagged), he was cautious about what I was doing at all times but never even looked like he was going to strike. I hope this helps new snake owners realise that not all jungles are fiesty and can if handled correctly can be quite placid, I am very happy I went with a jungle and am looking forward to the many year to come.

I'm glad it went well. Jungles have a bad rep but from what I've heard there are plenty of placid ones around, with only a few complete psychos. :) Try the advanced pic function. I would love to see him.

glad it went well. my jungle has never striked at me. not all of them are aggressive.

shenron2.jpgshenron.jpg
Hopefully these work, he curled up into a ball like in the pic on the hook and went to sleep in my hands just before. I'm actually quite suprised as to how comfortable he is with me already.

My friends jungle is the most placed snake I've ever seen in my life.....its true what they say all snakes have their own personalities.

got him last thursday, he is a lovelly little bugger. Can't wait to watch him grow, currently putting together a 50L starmaid tub for him until he's big enough to go into a nice big viv.

I guess it goes to show that good things come to those who wait. It is amazing how many people try to handle their snakes within 24hrs of getting them, and then wonder why they get tagged. You seem very pleased with the little guy. I would also like to see how he grows up, so keep us updated with pics. I might have to think about getting a jungle next year.

yeah I'll have to find a better camera than my phone haha, seeing how he's turned out makes me want more already haha will probably look at water pythons and gtp next.

yeah I'll have to find a better camera than my phone haha, seeing how he's turned out makes me want more already haha will probably look at water pythons and gtp next.
Dont jump the gun...early days.....lets c how ya Jungle pans out 1st hey

And give the little jungle time to get its attitude up :lol: :D

I find each snake is different. You might well be lucky with a snake that is pretty laid back and doesn't mind handling. I really like the jungles. Such a beautiful
Python.

Haha don't mean to be jumping the gun, I won't be getting another snake for a while yet, they are just others that I would be interested in looking at when the time comes

I don't think getting a water python is "jumping the gun" as from what I have heard they only require what you would give something like a Coastal carpet. But on the other hand a GTP is a very advanced python, not only can they have an attitude but they also require very good keeping. If I were to recommend a second snake, I would say go for- any species of carpet, woma or BHP, water or an olive (if you can house and feed properly) something along these lines would be better.

Not really interested in woma or bhp's thinking about a stimsons or childrens for a nice handling snake

Not really interested in woma or bhp's thinking about a stimsons or childrens for a nice handling snake

Or a mac :) spotties are nice beginners snakes, big enough (but a small mouth) but not too big to intimidate your friends not to want to pick it up or hold it..... usually nice temperament.(the snake, not your friends)

Remember, pythons get like the people they interact with.... if you are tense and nervous with them, they tend to be the same towards you...... the hook pick up is ok to begin with, as you begin to feel more confident, just try picking it up without hesitating with your hand (about the middle of his body) and perhaps have your hook in your free hand just to guide its bitey end away from any part of you that he might be aiming for :lol:

Well done.... congrats!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back