Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, none of my snakes have ever crapped on me, but in a clean tank, on the lawn, or when I've put them on the carpet to measure them - that takes a bit of scrubbing!

:p

Hix

only once. my diamond got sent up by road from Sydney (took 5 days!!) not impressed. when i got her out she was stressed big time..... $hit everywhere. all the others only seem to do it after i clean their homes up...typical

Hermione has never pooped or peed on any of us...and she's handled quite often. She's such a placid happy snake- I can't believe how lucky we've been with her...she does have a habit of doing it when we clean her enclosure- but usually its just a case of replacing one peice of the paper...gotta love it!

I had a little beardie defecate on my hand once, and my first python once went on my mate's shoe.

My Bredli only do it when i'm showing them to people... especially good looking girls :?
And every single water python i have ever held will either cr@p on me or at least try to cr@p on me. And just toput it into perspective, i've held about 10-15 different water pythons! I HATE WATER PYTHONS!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds more like they hate you LOL!!

Guess once we have more reptiles I'll eventually be pooped on.

We have found that by not handling 'Zar between his feed & his defecation (usually a couple of days) that we avoid the getting defecated upon. It also has the added bonus of giving 'Zar 2-4 days a week of no-handling, which I am sure is good for his mood. The only time Stu ever got "bombed" was when it had been 4 days since his feed & no defecation so Stu got him out, thinking he would search the enclosure for the elusive poo & he found it alright! All over his hand! Could have been worse, 'Zar had just climbed out of his (long, curly) hair!

Kath

I dont get it!!! I've held LOADS of pythons from little nervous yearlings, to snappy hatchlings, to big adults that never get held, as well as pythons with a full load in them and also wild caughts but have never been crapped on!!!

What am i doing wrong? :(

Here's a tip. After you feed your belovered snake, don't handle it until it craps. Then you are right to play with it until next feeding time. :lol:

Our "Emdee" shat on me once.(I've learned since not to pick her up till she's done her job after eating). It was sooooo gross! I was gagging and nearly spewing. Snake poo really stinks! :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back