Veno question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_in_the_Jungle

Reaction score
i have always wanted a death adder but the leader of the house says i cant have one because they are venomous,

but is it true that you can get the venom glands clipped like when a dogs is spade

and if this is true is it expensive

:D

sorry mate, couldn't resist.

the only person who i know devenomises his snakes is Ray hoser, and his methods are a bit dubious. I'm not sure you would find a vet who would do it and i have heard tha it will eventually kill your snake also.

Hehe... is this the one where people debate about 'cruelty' to snakes??? I know a breede in Cairns who keeps death adders (and breeds them) if you want to PM me your details I can forward it to them and you can ask them. But to be honest, would you feel right about de-venomating *grabs waruikazi's popcorn'

Oh and to add to that... The breeder has told me he has been bitten by his death adders.... and NEVER goes to hospital. He admits he was only bitten by young adders, but he claimed he got quite sick, just got better - now he probably has some immunity perhaps. Receiving sub lethal doses can actually give you an immunity. This is where the saying, "what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger" comes from!

Hahahahaahahahahahahaa...... If u dont wanna get killed (pos killed) buy another python or two or maybe even a colubrid :roll:

Grabs beer and popcorn

I know where your coming from, i love death adders, even though they scare the willys out of me. But the owner of the house doesn't want vens around the place which is understandable.

I reckon if you're gonna get some enjoy them in all their glory, venom and all. Just don't get too close!

So buy a baby, recieve a sub-lethal dose.. and give a bite to all ya family... then... voila... you have immunity... ok.. I accept no responsibility for fatalities in you, your family, your friends or anyone you let your hatchling death adder bite... I am guessing however, they're named death adders for a relatively good weekend... and share that pop-corn.. or go make more... lol... handfuls are never enough!

the boss says if it has venom in it it cant be in the house or the back shed :(

so de venom is the only possiblity

does she know what a death adder looks like? if not you can always just say it's a very small.. ummmm... carpet python? ok.. maybe call it one of those legless skinks... hehe... yeah, that'll do it.. tell her not to feed it tho... they are beautiful animals tho...

If your a serious herper and value the well being of the snake above your own personal satisfaction then the answer to your questions is no. Removing the snakes venom glands is not an option, not matter how good adders looks.

Cheers Alex

I can quite plainly see an option...

Leave your wife :p

Cheers,
Austy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back