Veno question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
budgie?
goldfish?

too complex husbandry requirements....

hermit crab may be suitable.... possibly a mealworm?

Cheers,
Misky

I don't know if you can get a a cork over the hermit crab's claw tho - nor the meal worm, they're spiteful!

Ven's and luxury don't mix.
Respect and be terified aswell as mesmerized by em and you'll be a suitable ven keeper.
Never and i mean NEVER EVER try modify em to your own convenience.
It's not a luxury good you just go out and buy and install it as you see fit.
You gotta love em with a passion and love em till death do you part.

Thinking the easy way on ven's will get either u or the snake killed.
Neither of wich u should want.

Why would you want to do it? It's like a Tiger with it's claws chopped off and it's teeth pulled out. If you cant deal with the fact that you could possibly be bitten, you shouldnt keep venomous snakes.

That is possibly one of the most selfish things i've heard in a while :evil: WHY WHY WHY???

Geeezus!

Ok, how about we take you to the docs to get your crackers cut off, out whatever, then, you can tell us if you think its a good idea putting your snake through it.

Leave the poor thing alone!

"That so many snakes of so many taxa took food so shortly after the operation, showed that my results weren't just a "one off" from some mad voracious snake, but actually reflected the minor nature of the operation."

this was a quote off http://www.smuggled.com/VenSur6.htm in the POST OPERATION section

if its a minor process you would think more people would and could do it??...

What state are you in? If you're in NSW you cannot keep vens unless they are in a lockable escape proof enclosure & in an escape proof, lockable room. Is it worth the risk losing your beautiful collection should they ever check up on you, and find you with them in your house where they are accessible to anybody?

De-venned or not, NPWS wouldn't consider that it is harmless. It is still a recognised venomous species. Personally I beleive it would be a dangerous example to set to children to keep them like you would a python.

so it is alright to do it to dogs but not to snakes

As ether said earlier......

ether said:
Last time i checked a female dog doesent have venom glands, so how can you in any way relate clipping a dog to clipping a death adder. Such a gross generalisation between two very different animals suggests that an adder is probably not the best idea, even if it had venom glands.

you are stopping the snake or dog from doing something you dont want it to, you are improving the snake

i would also like to know how you can say it is wrong to remove the glands but not to cross species

YOU are stopping the snake from something YOU don't want it to do, YOU are improving the snake!?!?!?!?!?

Am I missing something here??????? How is that improving the snake????

how is cross breeding validated

and if the snake is safer for the handler is it not improved

how is cross breeding validated

and if the snake is safer for the handler is it not improved

( stop putting your 2 cents in JDP )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back