chondro enclosure thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, I haven got a clue about slate characteristics. When you said it absorbs moisture I thought hmmm, that's not ideal for a chondro enclosure but if it releases the moisture back into the enclosure - that's a different thing. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

GTPenclosure2.jpg

GTPenclosure3.jpg

GTPenclosure.jpg

reptileexpo123.jpg

My idea of a chondro setup, fully automatic humidity control, no misting, largely automated cleaning too. It's the first in our range of dedicated GTP enclosures.

Last edited:
Nice set up mate.

Dickyknee surprisingly they are not actually that hot. That was my first thought so I ran them for a while and put my hand on it and it wasn't that bad. I use them in most of my enslosures now.

I'll put my temp gun on I tonight when I get home.

Cheers Jason , was curious as to how well they heat , they look like a good product and the price isn't to bad either.
What size panel are you using ?

Yeah they are pro herp 40w heat pannels. The perch is about 200m from the heat pad and directly under the heat pad is 32 degrees.

Surface temp on the pad with the heat gun was 82 degrees. You can hold your hand on the surface and not burn it! They are a great product!

Looks great dickyknee. I actualy built two the other day.
31b18749-8a78-195c.jpg
31b18749-8a96-4dd3.jpg

Cheers Brenton

Awesome work both of you , Brenton where did you get the black tracking mate ?

I got a friend who gets it made for him and get some of him if anyone wants some pm me I'll be in Melbourne next week kuppa if u want some.

Cheers Brenton

How can you fix in horizontal branches other than screwing them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back