Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azza74

Reaction score
hi all, im picking up a diamond tomorrow, 7months old, my first snake(cant bloody sleep, been like a kid at christmas).
ive handled my mates with no problem, but after seeing some of the bites in the pics, i want to know how much it hurts when you get bitten(from juveniles to adults).

not really worried but just want to be ready.

thanks

juvies don't hurt at all imo! (but depends on what snake it is) a bite from yours wouldn't hurt imo!

Doesn't hurt, you don't even feel it on a small one. The larges ones you feel the whack of the pressure more than the teeth.

If it is one that is prone to bite, just get bitten. You'll loose your nervousness and be less likely to pull away and hurt the snake.

Not much from hatchies and juvies, a lot like pin pricks. The larger and more mature a snake is, the more likely it get a bit of a sting. mature childreni tagged me once and felt no more than a tattoo needle- nothing really. It would be different though if you were tagged by a Scrubby or a cranky 8 ft olive.

BTW pain is a very subjective. What one feels is painful may mean nothin to you or Vicky Versa

Last edited:
mature childreni tagged me once and felt no more than a tattoo needle.

Adult Maccy got me on the upper arm once, barely even felt it. Actually, if it hadn't been for the blood I prolly wouldn't have noticed.

:p

Hix

mate don't worry about it. It is no big prob at all. But I will say don't worry if you keep pulling your hand away. I have been tagged ....a few times but instinctively you will always pull away. lol

You are all tough guys, I think I'd poo myself. I'll stick to blueys.

Although the blueys don't like letting go......I think though the brain tells you a bite from a lizard is better than from a snake.......even if it does hurt more.

no pain no gain......

a bite from a juvie wouldn't even hurt a kid. It is more the shock of getting bitten that scares some people

It also depends where you get bitten i think even a small snake would hurt if it tagged your eyeball or somewhere more sensitive :lol:

It also depends where you get bitten i think even a small snake would hurt if it tagged your eyeball or somewhere more sensitive :lol:

That's why you don't let it get your eyeball. Most bites occur on the hands/arms, but mainly hands. I have been bitten between my fingers and all over my hands with no probs
I used to laugh and grab the camera to take a photo. :)

Juvie snake bite hurts even less than a blue tongue, and a blue tongue bite isnt high up on the painful list.

my friends diamond was licking my nose the other day and all i could think about was steve irwin with the green tree snake stuck to his top lip..

got bitten by my horse once, talk about pain but the snake wont bother me(we'll wait n see):lol: , probably just the shock like people say.

12hours to go............

the fright hurts more than the bite,I've had a couple of "love bites" this year, being a newbie, and its all good. lucky to even draw blood, maybe acouple of drops, but thats an almost 5 feet coastalcarpet, cant wait till he grows up!!

i got tagged my my 6foot 2 diamond on the hand and it didnt really hurt it felt like more of a bruise if anything. juveiles dont hurt much at all. try to calm ur nerves enough to know ur not gonna pull away if they do. if they grab on and you pull away if can do serious damage to their jaw. with time you will be able to overcome the fear.

i found that a cat scratch hurts more then a juvie diamond bite but i dont know about an adult i havent ever been bitten by a big 1 :p hope it stays that way to.

Let's see an adult stimson nothing to worrie about 2yr old Woma deffinatly noticed it, 7ft BHP hurt and refused to let go had to use cold water from the tap.

Have been tagged by a yearling carpet at our local herp shop, didn't feel much more than a quick bump. If you want to know what hurts, its a bite from a ferret. I have four and if they want a rough play or smell something on your hands thay dont like look out!!!

See I can take bites from my ferrets - except when its on your heels, but am worried about a snake bite lmao..... Thank god Fossil hasn't bitten me yet lol

Matt

no pain no gain......

a bite from a juvie wouldn't even hurt a kid. It is more the shock of getting bitten that scares some people

hahaha I jump when toast comes out of the toaster! I can only imagine how schocked I will be when I get bitten for the first time.. :S

Congratulations on your first snake! I think I speak for all when I say: Pics ! (and I dont just mean of your new pet... I mean of when you get bitten too.. :D) not that I would have a clue, but I would say 'let' yourself get bitten once...so that you know what to expect....(by that I dont mean feed it without tongs.. I meanif your nervous or paranoid about it biting you...the sooner it happens the sooner your confidence will grow.....right guys?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back