Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, BTW guys, varanus prasinus IS on the NSW list as a class 2 reptile!!! Kewl

hugsta said:
If you can buy it legally, in others words, off another licenced keeper, yes you can. We can keep any reptile in NSW whether it is on or off the NPWS list except for marine turtles and sea snakes and any crocs. Other than that, if you can buy it, you can have it and if it is not on NPWS list, they will add it.

Things must have changed, we could never keep western swamp turtles in the past?

hugsta said:
I'd spend it on a permit to collect some oenpelli from the wild, put them into a breeding programme so all fellow herpers can enjoy them in the hobby, but I would charge like a wounded bull like everyone else does with something rare and make an absolute fortune so I could retire. Not that I would be profiteering from it.......;-):D

You took the words right out of my mouth. Except I wouldn't lie about the profiteering. Viva la monopoly! :lol:

Oh, by the way guys, varanus prasinus IS on the NSW list as a class 2 reptile!!! Kewl

Dam! If varanus prasinus was on a vic license. I would buy one now. Im sure one person has at least one pair in australia??. If you can get reptiles from tassie, kangaroo island etc. Why not Moa Island? I'm sure one day, a Nsw keeper will purchase a pair, it will become a popular animal withn this hobby and then eventually come over to vic. Lol i cant wait that long.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back