Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People do listen to the radio not watch it. But how much do u think Merrick will carry on about how much it hurts or how painful it is.

well if they want ratings he would have to make a big deal out of it...which in my opinion they all carry on and whinge all the time...can't they just get someone with really long nails to pinch him lots really hard? it would be the same affect IMO, he carries on like a girl...
just my thoughts on the whole thing...no one will no the difference

It may not harm the snake, but that is only one consideration. Just think - I know, it's a new concept for some - what it will do to the hobby.

Absolutely nothing? A bit of publicity wouldn't hurt. Chance to educate if anything. Mention that its a defensive thing, that they make awesome pets etc.

Crap...a mother listening to that will freak when her son comes up to her pleading for a pet snake of his own.

There is a lot of negative stereo types about the hobby. Rot like this reinforces them.

Ok so, so far you have no support. Seriously you would be facing animal cruelty charges and the public wouldn't like it. Is it really worth that?

Hahahaha, I better go into hiding from the EPA because god have I been bitten. There must be a million dollar bounty on my head ;)

Haha Brodak_Moment, everyone is an animal rights activist now-a-days

unfortunately there is no grey patch with the media, only black and white, they will either rip into the topic or worship it at its feet...and its not too often that they go for latter...so for something like this, especially with the stereotype that snakes/reptiles have already...they play largely on stereotypes and how well do you think a headline "snake keeper allows pet snake to bite radio host on live radio" will go down?

unfortunately there is no grey patch with the media, only black and white, they will either rip into the topic or worship it at its feet...and its not too often that they go for latter...so for something like this, especially with the stereotype that snakes/reptiles have already...they play largely on stereotypes and how well do you think a headline "snake keeper allows pet snake to bite radio host on live radio" will go down?

I conceed :)

Absolutely nothing? A bit of publicity wouldn't hurt. Chance to educate if anything. Mention that its a defensive thing, that they make awesome pets etc.

Um, this isn't the type of publicity that the hobby needs. Chance to educate - what, that a snake bite is being blown totally out of proportion by a moron to get ratings, we all know exactly how this will go. Merrick gets bitten by a hatchy stimmy and cries, screams, and demands the paramedics rush him to hospital - or that they administer antivenin. That's not education, that's retards showing off for the masses.

It's the public, they hate non-mammals.
Why not just let them get angry and shun the hobby?
The people who are smart enough won't shun it, but will (and already do) endorse it.
If I had a snake, and lived in Sydney, I'd gladly help them.
But only if I had a demonstrator's licence.

they don't want a snake to educate the people of the country about how wonderful, amazing and fantastic they are (because they truely are, they want a snake so that merrick can get bitten and the country can hear him scream an carry on like a child getting a bandaid ripped off, they are aware that snakes are defensive creatures, hence the reason they are trying this stunt to start off with...i am not too sure what education you are thinking of but it is the sort of education is not the type that people need...

and in turn there will dheads all around the country trying to get bitten by snakes coz of their defensive nature because merrick did it...

As well as charlie sheen at a feminist convention

hahahah that gave me a good chuckle....people around me at work arent quite sure what im laughing at though...

in turn there will dheads all around the country trying to get bitten by snakes coz of their defensive nature because merrick did it...

To be honest if people are dumb enough to wave their hand in front of a brown let them. It'd be best if they died evolution wise ;)

hahahah that gave me a good chuckle....people around me at work arent quite sure what im laughing at though...

And shhh get to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back