Show us your click-clack set ups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
So since nagging my mum for a snake she finally said yes :D.

Just want to see how you guys setup your hatchling snakes click-clacks.

So post pics of your click-clacks!

Not a snake kept in this but I have put 20 holes in the lid and is the home of a shark bay occy :)
ju4yny6e.jpg

dybesebe.jpg

This is the click clack that I keep my Bhp in. It is 800 x 400 x 165 and I heat it underneath with a heat cord and tile. My bhp's are under a year old and I am hoping to get six months more out of these tubs before upgrading.
va5e5eda.jpg

Very nice simple setups guys, love that BHP and that occy! :D

Sorry I don't have great pics of them... I made two because I wasn't sure about size/height etc...

2usazequ.jpg

eza6a5eb.jpg

I only ended up keeping my hatchie in them for a couple of weeks because he was so crazy to try and put back after handling. S/he then went into a little fish tank. Not a click clack but I'd set one up the same. 2 x pink lids for hides, the water bowl is hiding the the right and the little one absolutely loves exploring through the plastic plants.

ejytavaz.jpg

Sorry I don't have great pics of them... I made two because I wasn't sure about size/height etc...

2usazequ.jpg

eza6a5eb.jpg

I only ended up keeping my hatchie in them for a couple of weeks because he was so crazy to try and put back after handling. S/he then went into a little fish tank. Not a click clack but I'd set one up the same. 2 x pink lids for hides, the water bowl is hiding the the right and the little one absolutely loves exploring through the plastic plants.

ejytavaz.jpg

That jungle is such a cutie! And I love the idea of using a proper little tank instead of a click-clack, I'll probably steal that for my next critter.

x

That jungle is such a cutie! And I love the idea of using a proper little tank instead of a click-clack, I'll probably steal that for my next critter.

x

I think a click clack is still great, I just got this fish tank from the breeder when I got my woma.

I think a click clack is still great, I just got this fish tank from the breeder when I got my woma.

Click Clacks are great for their convenience and cheapness, but there's no denying that a small tank setup looks nicer, aye? :p

x

Click Clacks are great for their convenience and cheapness, but there's no denying that a small tank setup looks nicer, aye? :p

x

I think click clacks can look just as nice if not nicer because you can easily poke holes to support branches etc. the fake plants I have in there are draped across and stick out the top, held in place by the lid.

I do like my setup tho :) just like everyone else who puts time and effort into their pet's home.

I think click clacks can look just as nice if not nicer because you can easily poke holes to support branches etc. the fake plants I have in there are draped across and stick out the top, held in place by the lid.

I do like my setup tho :) just like everyone else who puts time and effort into their pet's home.

Bah I hate it when someone I'm not in full agreement says something that makes sense! haha
You're right, they don't all look half bad. I think my aversion to click clacks comes from the cloudy plastic that mine (and most I've seen) have been made of. I much prefer the crystal clear look of a glass front on an enclosure, so I'm a little biased.

x

Bah I hate it when someone I'm not in full agreement says something that makes sense! haha
You're right, they don't all look half bad. I think my aversion to click clacks comes from the cloudy plastic that mine (and most I've seen) have been made of. I much prefer the crystal clear look of a glass front on an enclosure, so I'm a little biased.

x

You can get nice clear ones, but plastic goes cloudy because of the heat and cleaning products used. I can get away with glass because I'm in a hot humid part of Aus but I know a lot of people down South who have to use Perspex instead of glass because it lets too much heat escape: another reason why plastic containers work well for hatchies who need heat 24/7.

The hatchling will feel more secure if it can't see all of the big people walking around so that is a plus for tubs that you can't see through. I know some breeders with racks put a clear viewing window on their tubs to save then opening the tubs to check on the hatchling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back