Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to Rhiannon today, and I will quote her entry.

'Hello, My name is Rhiannon, and I am nine, well I just turned nine in July! I got into owning reptiles because my mum has always had friends who had them, I grew up not scared of them because of mum, and I always asked questions about them (Mum says the questions started as soon as I could talk!!) . Mum loves reptiles too and she has tattoos of two geckos on her. She taught me what I know about reptiles mostly...other than what I read in books now that I'm bigger..oh and what I read on the internet, (mum usually helps me with that stuff) and learn from shows on Animal Planet...my favourite is Steve Irwin- he was my hero, I'm sad that he died. I like Jeff Corwin too- he makes me laugh so much- especially when he gets around monkeys- he gets all silly! So my mum was the reason I love reptiles, and ever since I was really little I've wanted to have some reptiles of my own...my dream is to own a Black Headed Python...that was the first really big python I held...the one at Nowra Animal Park-all the other kids were scared, but I was kissing it, and hugging it!! My auntie who was there thought it was hilarious! I just love them, and mum promised that when she's allowed to (she needs a better licence) that she'll get one that we'll share until I'm big enough to have my own (I have to be about 19 I think to have one). We ended up getting reptiles (mum and dad didn't know you could keep them here in Perth) when we met Brian Bush at our shopping centre, and he told us how to get our licences (I have my own licence!) so we got our licences and got a snake and frogs first, then mum bought me two boy shinglebacks, but I haven't met them in person yet, because mum isn't allowed to bring them to a visit, so I have to wait until I am home before I can give them a cuddle! Brian is lots of fun, and he let me hug and kiss a lot of his snakes...and Bob, his bobtail- he's soooo cute!! We went to his display for three nights, coz I wanted to keep going and seeing the snakes (and getting to cuddle them...hehehehe!!) and I helped to show other kids not to be scared of snakes, it was good fun! So, thats how I got into reptiles....Love, from Rhiannon.'

Sorry its so long guys- she's like her mother- once she starts you can't shut her up! I didn't want to stifle her expression of love for reptiles though, so I posted every word she said..she would have been upset if I hadn't!!

Hi there,
I am happy to donate and pay postage to winners address.
The book on offer is called SNAKE by Chris Mattison.

i was first interested in reptiles when i went over to my mates place. she has 7 pet pythons. i was almost bitten by her bredli, legolas, and fell in love with her childrens python, melman. i started reading and researching almost straight away. two weeks later ifilled out my forms and sent them in. on saturday the 23/9/06 i went out and brought two childrens pythons as my step-dad had already brought my enclosure and had hid it at my friends place so the thermostat could be hooked up. now i am saving up $2000 to buy a pair of black heads. my collection is going to grow with many different varities of reptiles so i hope to learn more about all different reptiles with this book.

We have some nice posts here from our junior members.
We will send out 2 books the other book is donated by D.Adder

Its so nice to see young herpers!

I think their love and passion for reptiles will only grow as they do- which is awesome for the reptile world....and for the reptiles themselves!

Good luck to you all- I think you all deserve the book!

Marie.

I got into Herps after watching a segment on Better Homes and Gardens. Dr Harry was doing a segment on pocket pets and he mentioned Children's Pythons. My daughter and I thought they were pretty cool because living in a unit there is no room for a dog and I don't want a cat.

We did some research, found this site, found a place to purchase one form and after waiting for my licence and the snake to be available I am now the proud owner of a stimmi.

I love her and get asked questions daily about her at work. It turned me into a cool dude over night (despite being called weird when I told people)

Is that under 100 words?

I am so sorry guys. As you know with past problems I had no chance to do anything constructive on APS. I will approach the authorities and we will make the decision soon

hey
well i first got interested in the hobby after seeing my dad stop a rbbs for hurting my dog but he stopped it the wrong way(with a shovel) so i started up the hobby to learn as much as i could and so in the future i can teach others abouts reptiles and how they arnt ugerly killing monsteres and the shovel isnt the best way to go.
i started the hobby about 3 years ago but only got my own licence about 5 months ago and have a rather good collection going with a diamond being my first reptile.
blair

We have 2 winners choosen by Slateman, MrSpike and D.Adder

It was hard to choose and on the end we had to pick somebody.

Book from MrSpike is going to Emily for story below:

Hi, my name is Emily Mather and im 11 years old and i didnt have a choice in liking reptiles.
Mum and dad have had reptiles since i was born and then they started the sth cst herp society and i have been to every meeting.
I like to sell the raffle tickets and meet the guest speakers - especially John Cann cos he is a nice person. I like to see what everyone else has at the reptile show. I have got my own reptiles and they are blotch blueys, bearded dragons, and black head python.
I like to help dad with the snakes and goannas and its my job to feed the baby beardies and help mum feed the baby diamonds when they are born.
All of my friends like coming over to see our stuff.
Emily Mather

Emily please contact MrSpike to claim your price.

Book from D.Adder is going to Rhiannon

'Hello, My name is Rhiannon, and I am nine, well I just turned nine in July! I got into owning reptiles because my mum has always had friends who had them, I grew up not scared of them because of mum, and I always asked questions about them (Mum says the questions started as soon as I could talk!!) . Mum loves reptiles too and she has tattoos of two geckos on her. She taught me what I know about reptiles mostly...other than what I read in books now that I'm bigger..oh and what I read on the internet, (mum usually helps me with that stuff) and learn from shows on Animal Planet...my favourite is Steve Irwin- he was my hero, I'm sad that he died. I like Jeff Corwin too- he makes me laugh so much- especially when he gets around monkeys- he gets all silly! So my mum was the reason I love reptiles, and ever since I was really little I've wanted to have some reptiles of my own...my dream is to own a Black Headed Python...that was the first really big python I held...the one at Nowra Animal Park-all the other kids were scared, but I was kissing it, and hugging it!! My auntie who was there thought it was hilarious! I just love them, and mum promised that when she's allowed to (she needs a better licence) that she'll get one that we'll share until I'm big enough to have my own (I have to be about 19 I think to have one). We ended up getting reptiles (mum and dad didn't know you could keep them here in Perth) when we met Brian Bush at our shopping centre, and he told us how to get our licences (I have my own licence!) so we got our licences and got a snake and frogs first, then mum bought me two boy shinglebacks, but I haven't met them in person yet, because mum isn't allowed to bring them to a visit, so I have to wait until I am home before I can give them a cuddle! Brian is lots of fun, and he let me hug and kiss a lot of his snakes...and Bob, his bobtail- he's soooo cute!! We went to his display for three nights, coz I wanted to keep going and seeing the snakes (and getting to cuddle them...hehehehe!!) and I helped to show other kids not to be scared of snakes, it was good fun! So, thats how I got into reptiles....Love, from Rhiannon.'

Sorry its so long guys- she's like her mother- once she starts you can't shut her up! I didn't want to stifle her expression of love for reptiles though, so I posted every word she said..she would have been upset if I hadn't!!

Please Rhiannon contact D.Adder to claim your price.

The other stories was good also , but we had to pick only 2.

Thank you and we all wish you great herping in the future.

Thanks to MrSpike and D.Adder for donating the prices.

LMFAO! You sure i donated the book slateman?:p

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back