160kg woman has to buy two seats on Jetstar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Finally...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25001007-952,00.html

Though the funny part is she had to buy two seats that weren't even next to each other.

I've brought this up before - it annoys me that I get pinged for too much luggage and I weight in at 80kg and a 120kg man and his 25kg of luggage doesn't get charged extra.

It does cost the airline more to fly with the extra weight - I agree, but I am not 40kg heavier than the big fella.

Interesting concept - but Jetstar had some nerve to do this. I wonder what will happen, have they set a precedent?

haha im not a small person but i dont fly so i can still laugh

I can't believe they were silly enough to split the two seats up! That is the funniest bit imo.

If airlines are being expected to give away two seats and only receive payment for one, then its hardly surprising that they are refusing to budge on this issue. Especially for budget airlines like jetstar and virgin who make their profits on high volume, low cost seating. They are a business, and if a passenger is not willing to accept their terms of travel (one seat and 20kg luggage) then they should look at alternatives, such as bus or train travel.

I'm not claiming discrimination because I am only allowed to bring carry-on luggage to my super-cheap interstate flight next week (even though my luggage and myself combined still weigh less than half what passenger in the article weighs!) It amounts to the same thing - the conditions of purchase of the ticket. You accept them or choose another mode of transport.

Good luck, my sons were a mere 13kg and had no luggage when we started having to pay full price for them. Tell me that's not a rip-off?

I think it's crap. I got so pissed off one time that when jetstar tried to charge me extra for my luggage (we soon found out they'd rigged their scales to make more profit) I opened my bag and dressed myself with everything in my luggage. This meant singlets, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, jumper, and my suit jacket over the top. Then 3 pairs of jocks, a pair of shorts, and suit pants. Then 3 pairs of socks and my shoes. Haha that'll learn them!!!
I think we should all buy those fat suits, cut out all the stuffing, and pack ourselves with clothes and then they can shove it!

Good luck, my sons were a mere 13kg and had no luggage when we started having to pay full price for them. Tell me that's not a rip-off?

If only they were siamese twins hey. Or do you think they'd still charge double?

They are a business, and if a passenger is not willing to accept their terms of travel (one seat and 20kg luggage) then they should look at alternatives, such as bus, train travel or aircraft carrier.

>_< I can't pass up a fat joke sorry.

It's okay, I'm no skinny minnie myself. ;)

If you are paying full fare for them, then you are entitled to bring another 20kg of luggage on their ticket. It does, however mean you need to carry a backpack full of books, toys, games and crayons, TWO 20kg suitcases AND a tired, grizzly child... :?

After 2 years old, you pay full fare.
They are entitiled to luggage, but what does a 2YO need really?

They should totally charge *everyone* by weight, total of luggage and body weight, don't discriminate! If animals have to be really light weight to fly, then so do we! It's only natural

They should totally charge *everyone* by weight, total of luggage and body weight, don't discriminate! If animals have to be really light weight to fly, then so do we! It's only natural

Well, if thats the case, the line up to use the toilet at the airport will get a hell of a lot longer! :)

If she takes up 2 seats, I think its fair that she pays for 2 seats, that's 1 less seat they can put some one in an get a few more $. How ridiculous accusing them of discriminating against fat people!
There's so many funny things I could say to this but don't want to offend people:D

Muzzle too.

This issue recently went through the courts in Canada. Large bottomed people won. I imagine the inevitable lawsuit will run in favor of the woman on grounds of discrimination. That said, is it discrimination against me when I get forced to sit under the sweaty flab wing of said woman, right next to the screaming 2 year old? I think so. I had better be getting bumped up to 1st class next time or there will be heck to pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back