160kg woman has to buy two seats on Jetstar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or she could of shut up and flown with a different airline. If I have the right to choose which businesses I use surely businesses have the right to choose their clients. Everyone wants something for free.

The reality is overweight people are descriminated against every day.

If she has an underlying medical condition she will no doubt win. And at that weight she most likely does have a medical condtion.

As for people paying according to there body weight thats stupidity.

That is 100% descrimination and would not be legal.

I agree wholeheartedly on that point, about overweight people being discriminated against, but to be honest, if the lady asked for a second seat, then it's only fair that she does pay for it. It's the way I am myself, if I ask for something, then I expect to pay for it, even with friends and family, however, if it's offered, then I hope that it is offered in the spirit of giving, and not expected to be paid for!

I find it totally discriminating, and not a little humiliating, when sunbathing on the beach, that Greenpeace keeps coming up and trying to push me back out to sea off the beach!!!!! heh heh!!

I have to agree that if she has a medical condition that caused her obesity she has been discriminated against...

BUT if she has a medical condition CAUSED by her obesity ( which a hell of a lot of overweight people do) then she should quit her whinging...

Ben

No Ben, just ignore ignore ignore! It was working so well!!! ;):lol:

She has a case, and i think a good one.

The reality is overweight people are descriminated against every day.

If she has an underlying medical condition she will no doubt win. And at that weight she most likely does have a medical condtion.

As for people paying according to there body weight thats stupidity.

That is 100% descrimination and would not be legal.

How is it discrimination? She is taking up two seats, she can pay for 2 seats. She weighs more than 2 average people, more weight on the plane that 2 people taking up the 2 seats she is taking up, it cost the airline more, so why should she get a discount because she made herself that size? (If it was caused from a medical condition it would have said so in the article)

Perhaps it comes down to a Power to Weight ratio.
OK now I’m stretching this but . . . lets say the plane can hold 200 (average weight) people and luggage and take off . In this case the airline (A BUSINESS) would have to limit it to 100 (160kg) people and luggage. So they would only get half of the profit of the flight.

Why not ask for double the price. If the weight is double.

Works the same with Freight.

Notice I didn’t dare mention inflight meals. OOH UPSIZE ME PLEASE.

Flamesuit and popcorn is ready.

OK now I’m stretching this but . . . lets say the plane can hold 200 (average weight) people and luggage and take off . In this case the airline (A BUSINESS) would have to limit it to 100 (160kg) people and luggage. So they would only get half of the profit of the flight.

Well put! You really cant argue against that!

Well put! You really cant argue against that!

You can - next time I go to the post office to send my 600g parcel and they say sorry, it's going to cost double if it was just 500g, I am going to call discrimination straight away!

By the way Schlumpe - I tend to think you may have a good point tho :)

Jetstar strike again. think twice before you book your next flight

Why?

If they can guarantee I won't sit next to a fat person I'm more likely to book with Jetstar than with other airlines...

Maybe that's what you meant by thinking twice.. If you do book with another airline you might get lumbered with less room than on Jetstar!

So I agree with your statement - I am only going to book with companies that can guarantee me a full seat :)

I am only 4 ft 11" ... i should get on for half price

I bet she asks for two large big mac meals when she goes to maccas too! I wonder if maccas charges for both meals?

I have a thyroid disease which makes me gain weight.... but I'm still less than half her size.

They would take more people and your luggage would be coming later but yes it does all come down to takeoff weight and performance. Also going out of Cairns being a bit hotter means you can't carry quite as much weight as say coming out of Hobart on a winters day.

Having been on the receiving end mid last year, of a very large gentleman, farting and belching his way across the pacific (13 hours) of it, I can sympathise with those who have to sit next to said buxom woman. Even the flight attendants were starting to get a bit jack of the odour emanating from the seat next to me.

They should totally charge *everyone* by weight, total of luggage and body weight, don't discriminate! If animals have to be really light weight to fly, then so do we! It's only natural[/quote
Have to agree.....

The airline should provide disabled and larger seats for people with disabilitiies or weight issues.

The fact that trains, bus's, taxis and other private transport do this shows the airline industry is behind the times.

Clearly descrimination and i hope she wins.

It's not discrimination, she costs more to fly for the airline and others are paying for it.

Larger seats for obese people? That's saying that it's okay to be obese. What next, larger meals for obese people on airlines?

In that case, I want a larger seat too, as I have a disability - it's called long legs, and the existing economy seats don't have enough room for me! :lol: So instead of squishing up into a small seat and making do with the space I have, I will claim discrimination and demand two seats, or hell, even maybe an upgrade to business class!

The airline should provide disabled and larger seats for people with disabilitiies or weight issues.

The fact that trains, bus's, taxis and other private transport do this shows the airline industry is behind the times.

Clearly descrimination and i hope she wins.

Overweight people are hurting themselves and you want airlines to encourage them to continue harming themselves. Everyone is becoming too American (sorry to any Americans). No one ever seems to care about the business. Why should a business pay extra to allow someone to use there service? It costs them extra!

Overweight people are costing our health system way too much. People shouldn't be encouraging obesity.

Next time you are at the shops count the overweight people that walk past you. It is scary!

Good on Jetstar for taking a stand. It is not fair for them to have to pay extra for someones lack of self control and effort to organise their time better and exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back