160kg woman has to buy two seats on Jetstar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She probably complained about paying for 2 seats as she needs the money to keep up her figure!!
160kg thats huge, if a plane crash from excesive weight dont kill her, her weight certainly will!!

If she takes up 2 seats, I think its fair that she pays for 2 seats, that's 1 less seat they can put some one in an get a few more $. How ridiculous accusing them of discriminating against fat people!
There's so many funny things I could say to this but don't want to offend people:D

I still don't see why she has to pay for two seats that aren't next to each other.

I still don't see why she has to pay for two seats that aren't next to each other.

I think that's media harping on about a company mistake.

I assume when they allocate seats do they have to allocate weights too??

But let's face it - she's two times me - whoooa - so if I had two of me I'd have to buy two seats - so should she.

But the point Jetstar appeared to be making was that no one could sit next to her because of her size, but then they booked separate seats.

Effectively the plane allocation for mass was still the same.

She's more than 3 of me so really I should only pay a 3rd of what she pays:shock: With the amount of over weight people steadily on the rise I think pricing will have to be based on peoples individual weight eventually.

Descrimination.

If she has a medical condition that contributes to her weight then she has a case for descrimination.

After 2 years old, you pay full fare.
They are entitiled to luggage, but what does a 2YO need really?

We make the most of our kids when we travel OS, they don't go with much, but come home with full suitcases....usually full of hand carved timber reptiles, paintings, clothes ect ect...... they earn their way!
I don't really care about prices, but if you want two seats well.... pay up or shut up... my main concern is that we get there and back alive, and that my luggage ends up on the same flight..

The air line should include some larger seats for those who are overweight or have disabilities.

Oh..and that no one vomits near me.... had a flight to Tassie once that we had to lift our feet whilst a brown river of corn and carrots went under....not good.

Oh Jason....that's topped my worse travel stories combined....is there a green smiley face? :?

She has a case, and i think a good one.

The reality is overweight people are descriminated against every day.

If she has an underlying medical condition she will no doubt win. And at that weight she most likely does have a medical condtion.

As for people paying according to there body weight thats stupidity.

That is 100% descrimination and would not be legal.

I'm lucky I look at the bright side of everything and thought it was funny.... my wife hasn't the same approach to life.... wasn't a good way to start the honeymoon for her..

She has a case, and i think a good one.

The reality is overweight people are descriminated against every day.

If she has an underlying medical condition she will no doubt win. And at that weight she most likely does have a medical condtion.

As for people paying according to there body weight thats stupidity.

That is 100% descrimination and would not be legal.

I have to agree that if she has a medical condition that caused her obesity she has been discriminated against...

BUT if she has a medical condition CAUSED by her obesity ( which a hell of a lot of overweight people do) then she should quit her whinging...

Ben

I think it's crap. I got so pissed off one time that when jetstar tried to charge me extra for my luggage (we soon found out they'd rigged their scales to make more profit) I opened my bag and dressed myself with everything in my luggage. This meant singlets, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, jumper, and my suit jacket over the top. Then 3 pairs of jocks, a pair of shorts, and suit pants. Then 3 pairs of socks and my shoes. Haha that'll learn them!!!
I think we should all buy those fat suits, cut out all the stuffing, and pack ourselves with clothes and then they can shove it!

Would love to have been in line waiting to check in to see that.........That's a classic

after reading the article and seeing the picture,I believe that if she couldve sat comfortably,in one seat without disturbing her neighbour in the next seat ,one price ticket shouldve been issued,how ever if this was not the case then yes two seats to be occupied then she needs to pay for two BUT as this airline ripped her off and her two seats were not even together I believe she shouldve gotten her trip for free and given a complimentry flight as well maybe jetstar will learn by this (highly doubt it) and have people working there that can use commonsense as well as common deciency when dealing with human beings, would be like going to a resturant and making the skeletal woman sit out the back because she was too disturbing to look at and to fight the urges of wanting to force feed her ..without knowing she has a high metabolic rate and eats more then the local body builder,senario.

Just of note, on my recent trip to Cairns, as I had to pack a swag and tent, fishing gearect ect.. I went a couple of Kgs over my " allowed" limit (23kg)... and nothing was said... that was with Virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back