5 Days In...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The new APS...

• Thumbs Up!

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Thumbs Down :(

Votes: 16 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everybody know they need to set their preferences to accept PM's. I've tried to PM some people and get a message saying that particular user has chosen not to accept PM's.

Simon Archibald

been unable to see any new posts for the last few days, getting bored of reading the same ones. getting server busy come back later. not an improvement.

How did you reply to this thread then?

Initially i hated it, but it's growing on me. I'm a little bit set in my ways and change is tricky sometimes, but i'm finding my way around and i love all the new features. i love the way i can see what i've posted to at a glance and the speed is blistering :D if only it had a spell checker :p:p

been unable to see any new posts for the last few days, getting bored of reading the same ones. getting server busy come back later. not an improvement.

I'm getting this occasionally too. It also happened with the old forum every now and then. I think it's got something to do with my browser though, not APS. Just click on the refresh button if you're posts aren't up-to-date and it should be fine.

I think happens when i am already viewing a page on APS, and i re-open APS by selecting it from by address list bar (drop down menu), then the posts that show on the home page are old. It's Internet Explorer, i'm sure it wouldn't happen if i had Firefox on my work computer.

How did you reply to this thread then?

with great difficulty.
when I arrive at the forum it tells me i lasted visited 20-9-06 every time. when I browse the forums all i see are old threads, most of them don't have the recent posts box at the side. if i click on new posts I get server busy. if i go to aps discussion I get a different thread on hows the site? but if i open this one I find the recent post box on the left which has this 5 day in thread. what a palava.
whats the solution to this? is it a cache problem in IE? how do I try and fix it?

Try deleting your temporary internet files. Clicking the refresh button should give you an up-to-date page regardless though, does that work?

hey I reckon thats it! top man Mr Bredli! can I edit my vote now then? another satisfied customer?

A list of Moderators and who's viewing each forum (like in the old APS) would be handy.

I've got those things wombat, i can even see which thread people are viewing, it even tells me if they're writing a PM!

Easy to use
Good setup
Nice and Easy
Plain and Simple

wasnt around long enough to get used to the old site ;)

Shocked me when I first saw it, getting used to it now. Been a on few message boards set up like this so it's easy to navigate around.

yeah this is like some other vBulletin forums Ive used so its easy to navigate..however now it seems to have lost its closeness and friendliness.....it doesnt seem as welcoming before..I dont know if that makes sense...

Wheres the 'who quoted me' feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back