Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that epp as well, cement, treated it like it was venomous (Broad head ,or something)?!

I have a photo of a large python in a house at Redland bay. (an uneducated guess tells me its a Bredli) Im not really sure how big it acctually is as i wasn't there. View attachment 242239

shyt.....

I did see somewhere the famous Bondi vet handle a diamond python. I was amazed at his inability. To see him with a 7m scrubby might just make my day

But Dr. Brown is a sexy as hell, so who cares what he can handle !! :lol:

a 7mtr scub would have his arm for an entree, his head for mains and a leg for dessert....and still not be full

I seem to remember Currumbin Wildlife sanctuary, at one stage, had the longest captive scrub python in a zoo in Australia or perhaps just QLD, I recall, although hazily, that it was about the 5.2m mark.
It's the biggest one I've seen (out of not many) and it could easily be mistaken for 7m especially if partially curled or by someone with no knowledge or experience with snakes.

I'm doubtful it would turn out to be 7m but I've been wrong before

a 7mtr scub would have his arm for an entree, his head for mains and a leg for dessert....and still not be full

The snake might need an anti-acid afterwards in case all the man tan and hair product gives the poor thing indigestion.

I am yet to see real proof of any australian snake over 4.5 meters anybody that disputes this shall do so with photos or remain silent.

I am yet to see real proof of any australian snake over 4.5 meters anybody that disputes this shall do so with photos or remain silent.

Apparently it's going to be on TV, Bondi Vet Channel 10

Yeh they exist, a friend of a friends cousins boss had an uncle whobhad a customer who had a brother and son in see one. but jo one got a pic cos when they are 7 metres they turn invisible when a camera is brought out. amazing camoflage

Fml heaps good at typing on a phone after a few drinks :(

Yeah I have lots of family in Redland Shire area as well. Even lived there for 3 years myself and never saw more than a small carpet on my back patio in Wynnum West. Oh and a brown at Victoria Point in that little park with the fountain near the shops. Was about all the excitement I ever got when we were there so I'm jealous now lol.

Frozen mouse

There are number reliable records of snakes over 4.5 meters with either photos or specimens

Cheers
scott

Bet they were all males that found these big snakes? ....males always love to exaggerate...LOL

Bet they were all males that found these big snakes? ....males always love to exaggerate...LOL

It depends on where the big snakes were located. I've often found that anything located in either the ocean or the male's trouser area is prone to gross exaggeration :p So are we talking big snakes... or big (quotation fingers) snakes (quotation fingers)

I am yet to see photographic proof, as i said reply with photos or remain silent lol
Frozen mouse

There are number reliable records of snakes over 4.5 meters with either photos or specimens

Cheers
scott

Looks closer to 4.1 meters to me still no proof and a few meters short of the 7 meter magic scruby , i love these big snake threads i started one back in 2009 that went for 30 odd pages of hear say with no proof of anything over 4.5 meters (diamond coastal intergrade)
Scrub Python Measuring @ Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary - YouTube

There is the video, unfortunately it doesn't show the measuring of the string, but that's Nat measure CWS' 5.11m long scrub python (I apologise for my 10cm over exaggeration before lol)

Last edited:
frozenmouse,

As I said earlier there are number of records....rather than me posting photos (which I will not as they are not my animals) get off your **** and do some checking yourself before making such a claim. Have a look at the paper by Sambono and Fearn in Herpetofauna

7 meters for a scrub does seem doubtfull but you never know 2-3 years ago a guy rings me up in "inner" suburbia (brisbane) and says there is a monster snake eating his adult turkies and that he has him cornered and if l don't get there quick he will shoot it into several pieces so l turn up and can't believe my eyes this coastal has already eaten one adult male turkey and was eyeing off another and all of this in suburbia......ahhhhh the proof....solar 17(baden)
4719051223_2c9f4f7af6.jpg

7 meters for a scrub does seem doubtfull but you never know 2-3 years ago a guy rings me up in "inner" suburbia (brisbane) and says there is a monster snake eating his adult turkies and that he has him cornered and if l don't get there quick he will shoot it into several pieces so l turn up and can't believe my eyes this coastal has already eaten one adult male turkey and was eyeing off another and all of this in suburbia......ahhhhh the proof....solar 17(baden)
4719051223_2c9f4f7af6.jpg

Wow! Now that's a spicy meatball! Good effort on the Coastal's part, those demon-birds grow massive! *cheers for the python* (I'm not a huge fan of turkeys, they scare the life out of me :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back