Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton's aren't boring at all, everyone I've seen has had a different pattern to them, they are cool to find :)

Some beautiful shots in there. Nothing quite like the light in the outback.

A couple more photos of the Burtons and where it was found. There are a bunch of aboriginal paintings around the waterhole. Also a couple of photos of a juvenile Bynoes Gecko, which is the better photo? One is with a flash however i dont like the position of the gecko. The other is without the flash however some of it is out of focus, not sure why. I think the lens may be no good.

img8520e.jpg

img85411j.jpg

img8600c.jpg

Juvenile Bynoe's Gecko by R. Francis, on Flickr

Great photos again, I'd say the second as the best, but that's just my opinion of course.

Gorgeous pics and that last landscape shot is just AWESOME!

I prefer the second as well. I see a fair few ackies. I think i have posted this one in another thread, i havent seen any since winter.

Varanus acanthurus by R. Francis, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

A couple from last night, the recent rains have really brought out the frogs. I saw six species of frogs last night and two snakes.

Green Tree Frog by R. Francis, on Flickr

Ornate Burrowing Frog by R. Francis, on Flickr

Long-footed Frog by R. Francis, on Flickr

Orange-naped Snake by R. Francis, on Flickr

Stimsons Python by R. Francis, on Flickr

Some more photos from the last week.

Gilberts Dragon by R. Francis, on Flickr

Gehrya robusta by R. Francis, on Flickr

Bynoes Gecko by R. Francis, on Flickr

Strophurus krisalys by R. Francis, on Flickr

Stimsons Python smelling the moon by R. Francis, on Flickr

Stimsons Python by R. Francis, on Flickr

And a nice little Death Adder to finish off. I went out last night hoping to find a death adder, didnt find much through out the evening. Not far from home i was lucky enough to come across this little fella, would have been about 300mm long.

Common Death Adder by R. Francis, on Flickr

Some great photos of some great animals. The added is pretty, wish I got these things around me in the wild.

Very nice, I used to live in mt ISA but moved when I was 7 or so and wasn't in to reptiles and much as I am now.

Nice shots. Man I was trying to get in contact with you while we were up there to go for a herp and the stupid iphone wouldn't let me on APS or flickr. Next time I come up we definitely need to go for a herp together.

Thanks for the comments. Stephen it would have been great to go for a herp, hopefully next time isnt to far away.

Scott, i remember you saying that the Acanthophis are quite complex in this area. Is there some new literature with keys, i tried looking in the books as i didnt think it was A. antarcticus. Has A. rugousus been separated from A.praelongus yet?

I use rugosus in my book but keys were something I omitted as my book was on keeping rather than Id. My reference for this use was a paper that clearly showed that the dajarra/ Isa animals are not antarcticus or praelongus

A few more from tonight, i was pretty happy with the first find. I saw a dead one a few nights ago and this night i was lucky enough to find an alive Strophurus taeniatus. The next find was a nice looking Burtons legless lizard, however just as i was about to take a photo i saw a large snake up the road. I left the burtons to check it out and it was one of the targets for the night, a large olive python about 1.5m. After taking some poor photos of the olive i headed back to the car only to see the burtons still sitting there. So a few pics of him and headed back to home. Also saw another smaller burtons, numerous Cyclorana. australis, C. longipes, Platyplectrum ornatum, Gehyra robusta and a few Bynoes.

Strophurus taeniatus by R. Francis, on Flickr

Olive Python by R. Francis, on Flickr

Burtons Legless Lizard by R. Francis, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back