AAE to regional NSW from Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckodan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have spent several hours trying to get the regional NSW freight rules clarified. I spoke directly with REX and AAE.

AAE just rang back and this is the verdict:
Brisbane to Newcastle is ok as its a Qantas flight.
Sydney to Newcastle is a no go as its an Eastern Airlines flight
Brisbane to any other regional airport is ok via sydney as long as it is with REX (see http://www.regionalexpress.com.au/ for routes)
Any other regional port not handled by REX is unable to accept.

I hope this clarifies it for you. I'm off to eat a packet of Nurofen now.

yay thanks Dan :D
enjoy those nurofen

coffs harbour and armidale are qantas link an will take anything but reptiles :( that leaves grafton yay

re AAE

Yes its nurofen stuff geckodan,prices are up and down also,making it hard to quote freight costs.

they could have told me that a month ago. I lost a sale as they told methere was no way to get it to Newcastle from Brisbane. God the **** me off.
Bloody AAE
j

Thank Danny, freakin AAE!!!!!! Makes it hard for us Newcastle region herp heads :(
Hopefully one day there'll be an alternative to AAE.

AAE cant do anything about it.Its up to the airlines wether they will carry animals or not.

Yeah it's the airlines but Newcastle AAE leave alot to be desired, they flat out suck, i had to call them and let them know i had reptiles coming in so they could make sure someone would be there to sign them out for me.

Guess how many times they showed up??????????? 0 every single time i had to call them and get someone to come out i once weighted well into the night because the AAE rep which was ment to meet me at the airport went out to a concert.
I had to call the national AAE office to get it sorted out, lazy bunch.

AAE does make it hard very very hard.

yay thanks Dan :D
enjoy those nurofen

coffs harbour and armidale are qantas link an will take anything but reptiles :( that leaves grafton yay

AAE will deliver to Armidale as a bit of an exception if you ask i guess because of the university, i was just on the blower to them about getting a BHP from brissy to Armidale, there isn't a direct flight, but they said they can get it on a connecting flight from sydney and the live goods will be on my door step in less than 12 hours. but from all the stories about AAE i'm waiting for them to stuff me around somewhere :? .

my BHP was supposed to go to Armidale and AAE rang me up and said its sitting at Sydney airport because Qantaslink wont carry reptiles. They are the ones who fly to Coffs as well. The guy told me Grafton is the only place around here that will take reptiles so I had to drive from Armidale to Grafton at the last minute.

When I got my accies sent up from Adelaide, they were on a quantas flight.

my BHP was supposed to go to Armidale and AAE rang me up and said its sitting at Sydney airport because Qantaslink wont carry reptiles. They are the ones who fly to Coffs as well. The guy told me Grafton is the only place around here that will take reptiles so I had to drive from Armidale to Grafton at the last minute.

Hey lozza
thanks for the heads up on that situation, it would be nice if AAE knew what they were talking about before they give you the ok. looks like i'll be planning a trip to grafton.
i was on the quantas freight site and they direct you to AAE for any live stock on a domestic flight.
Andrew

Last edited:
Are these rules strictly for reptiles or all live animals? What if i were to 'say' there was mice or something in the box instead of a snake?

Qantas is the only plane with air conditioning. If the planes dont have it they can get as cold as -50 degrees, therefore freezing the reptile. We get stuff sent to coolangatta but it has to go via Sydney so it can be on a Qantas flight otherwise we have to pick up at Brisbane. So it's not a disctimative thing against reptiles, it goes for all animals.

Qantas is the only plane with air conditioning. If the planes dont have it they can get as cold as -50 degrees, therefore freezing the reptile. We get stuff sent to coolangatta but it has to go via Sydney so it can be on a Qantas flight otherwise we have to pick up at Brisbane. So it's not a disctimative thing against reptiles, it goes for all animals.

wouldnt they need heating if its that cold? i dont think aircon is gonna do much;)

and i dont think that is right, we have been on other airlines and our stuff hasnt got frozen in the baggage hold

i know but i dont think they get that cold, we have had thing in our luggage that would have been ruined from freezing but they have not been damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back