AAE to regional NSW from Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnetts Travel does all the east coast. They are happy to freight snakes and reptiles also, and having used them find them extremely careful with stock. They even ring you constantly so that you never alarmed as too what is happening with them. They were cheap too.
From Newcastle to Sydney where the no go zone is.. it cost $29 to ship with Barnetts.
Newcastle to Canberra cost $40 extra.
Very cheap considering there is no other option.
Lovely blokes you would deal with.. Well worth a plug

I have spent another exhausting hour on the phone with AAE after trying to book a lizard to go to grafton and being told it could travel but they could not book it. After numerous phone calls ending with the Sydney general manager the Brisbane office now has all new memos. The official no go zones are: tamworth, coffs harbour, port macquarie, armidale, cobar and Newcastle via Sydney. Other flight may not accept at certain times but are otherwise ok.

If you any arguments get them to speak to Warren Walker , Sydney ext # 1613.

Yeah it's the airlines but Newcastle AAE leave alot to be desired, they flat out suck, i had to call them and let them know i had reptiles coming in so they could make sure someone would be there to sign them out for me.

Guess how many times they showed up??????????? 0 every single time i had to call them and get someone to come out i once weighted well into the night because the AAE rep which was ment to meet me at the airport went out to a concert.
I had to call the national AAE office to get it sorted out, lazy bunch.

AAE does make it hard very very hard.

I recently had such a similar experience, not fun:rolleyes: :x

Thanks for the updates Dan.

Also you can get to coffs via sydney from brisbane with AAE
cheers

Your out of luck Roger,
i had to meet someone in grafton as I have been told by many different aae staff, that they will NOT freight to any airport unless its a qantas flight. I have been told at both gold coast and brisbane that Rex will NO longer take any reptiles.

It is very frustrating.A couple of seasons ago I sent a snake from Sydney to Coffs.Dropped it off at Mascot only to get a call from the person who was getting the snake telling me that AAE rang them to let them know that they couldnt freight into Coffs.As if they could do anything about it from up there.

I had to go back to AAE Mascot and take the snake over to Virgin and it all worked out ok after all that hassle.From then on anything that goes up that way goes to Grafton,as viridis posted above that is exactly what AAE staff have told me.Has to be a qantas plane,not Rex or Qantas link etc.

Your out of luck Roger,
i had to meet someone in grafton as I have been told by many different aae staff, that they will NOT freight to any airport unless its a qantas flight. I have been told at both gold coast and brisbane that Rex will NO longer take any reptiles.

This WAS the case until today. They have now been issued with new instructions as the memo they were all referring to has been withdrawn. If anybody tells you otherwise, get them to contact the individual I mentioned and he will set them straight.

Hey.

Just needing some things cleared up.
basically my brother and i are organising a BHP to be sent from brisbane to Armidale. and apparently armidale is a no go zone. i guess the next best things would be a pick up in Grafton.
I did however spend a good while on the blower to AAE about this and they were adamant that its could be done...talk about confusing, is there a definite yes or no as whether this is possible?
thanks in advance

Hey.

Just needing some things cleared up.
basically my brother and i are organising a BHP to be sent from brisbane to Armidale. and apparently armidale is a no go zone. i guess the next best things would be a pick up in Grafton.
I did however spend a good while on the blower to AAE about this and they were adamant that its could be done...talk about confusing, is there a definite yes or no as whether this is possible?
thanks in advance

Ring them again today, It was all sorted out yesterday and they have been issued with new memo's. Because regionals to Armidale are handled by Eastern Airlines, reptiles are not allowed. I have animals book to go to Grafton tomorrow so you should have no dramas with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back