Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellcat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I'm new to APS and to snake owning in general. Have been in love with snakes since I was a youngster in Darwin, pre Cyclone Tracy, and my dad caught me trying to catch a baby King Brown with a large coffee jar and a stick; think I was about 5 or 6 at the time. :lol: When we moved to Victoria I kept various reptiles as pets as a kid, wild caught back then, including eastern blue tongues, shingle backs, snake knecked turtles and bearded dragons. For some reason mum would never allow me to have a snake! :eek: That all came to a hault once I left home. Over the years I seemed to keep coming into contact with reptiles and in particular snakes, including catching and removing various species from friends homes.
Recently I've had the opportunity to babysit a couple of our legless reptilian friends including a 2.5m long BHP and my love affair with snakes was rekindled all over again. I hope to soon be the owner of my very first snake and look forward to learning from all of you here.
Cheers Kellcat :D

Hi Danger_Mouse! Thanks for the welcome. If you don't mind me asking, what type/s of reptiles do you keep?

Cool! :D What type? I love gecko's. We have them running wild here at night and they are so funny to watch. I'm hoping to get an albino darwin carpet python very soon and one day hope to own a GTP! :D

Cool! :D What type? I love gecko's. We have them running wild here at night and they are so funny to watch. I'm hoping to get an albino darwin carpet python very soon and one day hope to own a GTP! :D

Smooth Knob Tail Gecko's :)
Albino Darwin sounds nice :)

Hi Asharee! :D
I'll have to look them up Danger Mouse and see what they look like, they sound nice though. :D

Hi Alilhayden! :)

Asharee, I'm hoping I will soon be the proud owner of a juvenile albino darwin carpet! I have a funny feeling that will only be the start though. I love snakes! :D Next on the list is a BHP, a friends ex had the most awesome 2.5m long one who just loved my hair for some strange reason, and one day in the distant future, when I have enough expereince, I'd also like to own a GTP. :D

Thanks Brett, just went and had a sticky at a couple of your albums, cool geckos! Especially like the look of Wheels; gecko with attitude! :D What sort is he?

Doh!! Just went and had another look and realised I was looking at your album name rather than the gecko's names... :oops: Still they are cool looking geckos...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back