Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PietNuijten

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm the breeder from the albino blackheads.
I was a very lucky men because it is the second pythonmorph I breed (in 4 years).
The first it was the granite carpetpython and last week I breed two albino blackheadpythons.
From the eight eggs there were 2 albino's and 6 normals.
mei2005albinoforum.JPG

mei2005albinoforum2.JPG

mei2005granitesforum2.JPG

Best regards,

Piet and Monika Nuijten
The Netherlands

Simply awesome...so you happened to have a pair of hets without knowing it,i wonder where the gene originated from,very interesting!!!I'd love to see a pic of the parents to the granite carpet,i'd love to put a high yellow jungle across that .Is the granite morph an inheerited trait and if so what type?Recessive,dominat,co dominant etc?

Browns, what are you saying..................hybrids.....................ahhhhhhh. Just kidding, I love em. Amzing isn't it, a Dutch breeder manages to get a couple of albinos and we have none with all the Blackheads bred here, oh well maybe it will be me next year :)

Albino blackheads(new pictures)

Welcome,and thanks for posting Piet, Amazing!!!!

RE: Albino blackheads(new pictures)

Wow, I personally love Bhp's but the albino ones imo look ten times better and i want some.

Re: RE: Albino blackheads(new pictures)

Stevo said:
Wow, I personally love Bhp's but the albino ones imo look ten times better and i want some.

I think I am with you Stevo. I remember how long it took me to get to like the look of regular black heads. It was not until saw one first hand with its ultra shiny "patent leather" look head that I fell in love with them. Now they are one of my favourites.

To me the white headed version is just as striking in much the same sort of way and I love the red banding. It would be good to see them moving because that is when the banding starts to shimmer and really stand out.

RE: Re: RE: Albino blackheads(new pictures)

Lovely animals! They really take the meaning out of the name

RE: Re: RE: Albino blackheads(new pictures)

Piet,
Big Congrats! Absolutely amazing snakes.
Thanks for posting on here, I hope that you will consider posting regularly, as I am sure we would all like your input.

Neil

Congrats Piet! What a great sight it would have been seeing those two pop out! Please keep us updated on their progress :)

Gabe said:
Congrats Piet! What a great sight it would have been seeing those two pop out! Please keep us updated on their progress :)
Thanks everyone for all your nice E-mails.
The possible hets are also nice and different then the normals.
On their head they have a little bit white and the end of their tongue is also white.
Can someone tell me if this is normal with the tongue because the albino's have a pink tongue with at the end white and the parent have a normal black tongue.
By the way the granite carpets are from a normal irian Jaya carpet.

Piet and Monika
albinovlek.JPG

albinowittong.JPG

www.moreliagranites.com

White on tongue? May well be a marker!

First -- CONGRATULATIONS!! Those are incredible looking snakes. Before I got to this post about the white tongue I thought the "normal" siblings were very striking, a lighter background than normally seen, even on very nice western blackheads.
I've attached a photo of a hatchling from a few years ago, you can see its all black tongue. Hard to think the white tip is just a chance occurrence, but only breeding will prove it out.
I saw the granite carpets that Brian Sharp obtained from you. And now albino blackheads -- what will you pop out next year?!?!
Cordially,
Andy Via
U.S.A.

RE: White on tongue? May well be a marker!

Still have my doubts that these occured by pure fluke,all albinos originate from a wild caught specimen so where's the albino that produced the hets to produce these?Obviously nobody would admit to having an albino bhp but the chances of one being found or bred here in Australia are far more than in the US,and before people say inbreeding with a limiteed gene pool causes mutations such as albinos which i highly doubt.Other pattern mutations and mutants with 2 heads etc i'm guessing would be the result of continous inbreeding if done long enough although have never heard of line breeding causing mutations.If this were the case, with the very limited gene pool the Carpets basically all originate from in the US etc and the amount of crossing they do that if anyone was going to breed albinos by chance without knowing it would happen with many years of inbreeding and crossing which has been done 1000 times over with carpets overseas and all sorts of mutations have occured but still never an albino.

Sorry,i just find it hard to swallow the fact that these just happened to pop up out of the blue and i did provide a better arguement that made more sense in another thread regarding these guys which seems very much more likely to be the case than a fluke hatching from a pair of unknown hets.Just my opinion and nobody i doubt will come up with proof otherwise.

By the way they are absolutely stunning and can't wait to see how they colour up and what other forms of albinism they produce.Did you get a pair of albinos?If not i guess it's simple to raise all the offspring to breeding age and that would produce quite a few albinos, hets etc Also interesting that the normals aren't quite normal which may be another trait as i doubt that albinism is the cause for them being different which would mean some sort of co dominant gene.It all starts getting pretty technical especially if crossing with other inherited traits which if the genetics of the trait are known the offspring should be quite predictable in number and certain inherited traits depending on which generation.

Wow man,think i just confused myself for the rest of the day,too early for this anyway :?

Re: RE: White on tongue? May well be a marker!

BROWNS said:
Wow man,think i just confused myself for the rest of the day,too early for this anyway :?

Yup, you confused me too.

And I understand genetics. :shock:

:p

Hix

Someone in australia has or had an albino bhp no doubt,prohibition on exporting breeds corruption and there is no doubt some hets found there way out or it is indeed a miracle :wink: :wink:

I think there is a 100% probability that hets have been exported. I am not saying they resulted in these snakes being bred but as Browns says the chances of having 2 hets and not knowing is very small indeed.

RE: White on tongue? May well be a marker!

Thanks Piet and Monika, absolutely incredible! :D I love the pictures! and welcome to the site :D (Have you seen my Darwin??) hehehehe (jokes) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back