Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit too pasty-looking for my liking. Maybe when they're at the banana stage I might find them more appealing.

:p

Hix

Kenshin albino darwins will find there way overseas the same way all the other aussie herps made it overseas some ways may be legal but the majority will be illegal.Pairs of albino darwins would be extremely lucrative in US for a while. :(

it just pisses me off how the usa has alot of aussie species that we dont even have in captivity yet or if we do they are xtreamly rare and highly priced ect look at monitors over there they have ones we cant get yet and afew amercans even have oenpelli rock pythons now they are the only reptile i want more then scrubs

Have a look at the pic again. They have just popped out off thier eggs. Even nomal BHs look pastie and pretty ****ty untill they shed.
Hix,- sorry, when mentioning the moving bananas I was refering to olives.
Rob

Can someone tell me where the info about these snakes is ? I looked on the website address on the photo but can't find anything on there about them.

zard said:
sorry but i think its ugly :)

The fact that some (most??) find them ugly is hardly the point.

If there is a market for the rare and the unusual then the asking price will be met.

Wouldn't you have to call this beast a "White headed python"? ;-)

It is interesting that it takes out the black but not the brown/red.

The Rock said:
sorry, when mentioning the moving bananas I was refering to olives.

OK, I'll look forward to seeing them when they're at that stage then.

herptrader said:
It is interesting that it takes out the black but not the brown/red.

There are different types of melanin. If I remember correctly, Eumelanins produce blacks and greys and phaeomelanins produces reds etc. And I think someone in Europe identified a third type of melanin, but the Yanks haven't accepted that yet.

:p

Hix

Exactly, how good is a snake going to look when it has just poked it's head out of an egg ?
They look bloody beautiful as far as I can see but it would be a boring world if we all thought the same, I understand there are some people that even find coastal carpets attractive ? :)

I don't think most find them ugly, probably the opposite from my experience.
It isn't really surprising that the black has been removed as albinism refers to a lack of melanin, people tend to think of an albino as being white but they are incredibly attractive and colourful.

Re: RE: Albino Blackheads,--Pic

boa said:
Can someone tell me where the info about these snakes is ? I looked on the website address on the photo but can't find anything on there about them.

The web site is interesting but I cannot see this on the site but there are a couple of other morphs.

http://www.moreliagranites.com/

RE: Re: RE: Albino Blackheads,--Pic

Yes it's a good site but I can't find anything about these little beauties anywhere.
I thought I would make an offer :)

Re: RE: Albino Blackheads,--Pic

boa said:
I don't think most find them ugly, probably the opposite from my experience.
It isn't really surprising that the black has been removed as albinism refers to a lack of melanin, people tend to think of an albino as being white but they are incredibly attractive and colourful.

This I understand but it is always interesting to see genetics in action.

I believe that the olives are the only pure white albino pythons because all of their colour is melanin based.

I have seen some good sites explaining the genetics of reptile colour but this is the only one I could find this evening after a quick search.

http://www.supersnakes.com/gwiz.htm

A fascinating area!!

Kenshin - people are buying albino olives.. so its obviously not too much.

I know gav well and have seen first hand how much effort he has put into them... He should be asking more IMO.

You obviously have no idea about what he has had and gone through to breed some. So keep your trap shut!

i wouldnt pay it either kenshin but thats just me. they will be cheaper in the future and more and more people will get them

People are entitled to charge what they like for reptiles, after all they own them.
Bagging prices makes no difference at all but they are peoples opinions, if someone thinks they are insanely high priced thats their opinion.
Me personally, albinos don't do anything for me whatever it is, i would prefer a nice looking " normal" python but thats me.

Brodie_W said:
Kenshin - people are buying albino olives.. so its obviously not too much.

I know gav well and have seen first hand how much effort he has put into them... He should be asking more IMO.

You obviously have no idea about what he has had and gone through to breed some. So keep your trap shut!

i have never seen anyone who likes to crawl up other peoples arses so much

I think it looks pretty awesome. I wonder how many albinos came out of the clutch. As for what it is worth, it is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. If it someone is willing to pay $120k for it then thats what it is worth. Some people paid between $20 and $25k for the albino olives, so there is a market here for them as well.

Not crawling up anyones **** you fool.. just stating how it is. FYI Gavin doesnt read the forums!

all i can say is ....... dissapear down the hole u came from..... anyhow......... are there any albino aussie monitors that have hit the market internationally?

I cant see anything great about albinos, especially these. A normal BHP is worth 10x more in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back