Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Albino Blackheads,--Pic

Rock, Could you please let us know where you saw these advertised? Quite a few us want to know more.

The breeder is a 'Netherlands' based breeder, not in the US, but is probably advertising them in US currency due to the fact that that is where they will probably end up.

I find it exciting to think that these snakes were produced, gives us all hope that one day just by accident you could produce albino's from two unknown(at the time) Hets !

I reckon good luck to them, and well worth the money to the eventual buyer, first offered in the world for sale as far as I am aware.

I can't imagine the breeders excitement when he saw those little noses popping out!

Each to their own, just like how I think normal BHP and Womas are overpriced and pretty ordinary pythons. Whoops did I say that out loud? :oops: :)

I had colleague send me the pic. Will try to get more info.

Rob

a friend of mine in the usa has sent me an email has he had problems trying to post on this site his name is Doug Taylor and this is his say on the subject:

"What a freaking ugly snake! Ok, someone is gonna pay WAY too much for those animals and produce a bunch of ugly offspring and sell them to a bunch of other suckers who think they're gonna make a bunch of money. I got a clutch of BHP eggs in the incubator right now. If I get albino offspring... I'm gonna be just as greedy as the stereotypical Yank would be and sell offspring for $150K. I certainly wouldn't BUY one of those things though.

Doug Taylor
www.dougtaylorreptiles.com"

i agree with him on the fact that they are ugly i think the only other time you would see such a snake is when you have dropped to much acid..... :p

i only have i comment doesent refer to price or wether i like them but doesent it sorta defeat the purpose of having a bhp when they have a white head only my opinion but the head is obviousle how it got its name so now we have to call this new breed white headed python.

I think it is pointless debating whether the snake is attractive or not as beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. We all like different things, if we all liked and kept the same snake this would be a pretty boring forum.
Most people would have an albino, that much is clear.

but the head is obviousle how it got its name so now we have to call this new breed white headed python.

I think you'll find that points already been made.

:p

Hix

Wow,i really like them and if they're already that colour from the egg i'd say they'll develop into mega mega bright yellow and white and out of this type of albinos snows"all white" and lavenders should be able to be produced from these and i'm guessing they may have various shades of yellows and even pinks to golds and orange.Looking at the pic and giving there are 2 animals there and a bhp will on average lay 8 eggs so the genetics is perfect as 1/4 of the clutch exactly came out albino, and i'd love to have one of these unique animals.

Different bhorses for different corses and whatever floats ya boat i say!!!

Very interesting that these have yellow banding which you would expect when compared to the one in the pics below.I actually fed and sat next to this animal nearly everyday except school holidays while in biology.The albino was actually blind and completely white in with a regualr bhp i'd say the one in the photo was the same snake as well.I had no idea at the time of the significance of this animal...anyway here's the pics for those who haven't seen them,i pinched them from Teza who posted them in a thread a while back...

t_albino_blackhead_3.jpg

t_albino_blackhead_5.jpg

What do you all think the market price for an albino Blackheaded python would be in Australia

Kenshin said:
all i can say is ....... dissapear down the hole u came from.....

Awwww give us a kiss sweetheart :)

Hey Brodie settle down mate,everyone has a right to their own opinion so i wouldn't go telling someone to shut their mouth just for voicing his opinion wether you know Gavin Bedford or not,it doesn't give you the right to talk to people like that for undue reason!!!

Kenshin i'm not telling you what to do but it might help if you don't add fuel to the fire!

BROWNS said:
Hey Brodie settle down mate,everyone has a right to their own opinion so i wouldn't go telling someone to shut their mouth just for voicing his opinion wether you know Gavin Bedford or not,it doesn't give you the right to talk to people like that for undue reason!!!

Kenshin i'm not telling you what to do but it might help if you don't add fuel to the fire!

noted thanks browns nice freebys btw

Would much rather a pair of BLONDIE'S offspring. And at only 1/10 the price tag.
Me too but thes bhp's will end up as bright as the albino carpets will and i would say would look awesome as a full grown adult.Unfortunately we don't have any here in Oz anymore unless someone has one and is keeping it a secret.If we did have them here i'm guessing they'd go for around $10-$15,000 as albinos just aren't as popular here as in the States but we will eventually have these one day i'm sure.

Actually i highly doubt that anyone actually just happened to hatch out albino bhps as there had to be one to start from to have produced these and i'm taking a really good guess that someone found an albino bhp here and smuggled it to the US as they know how much more one would be wortth in the US.How else do you actually breed albinos like these which would have come from a pair of hets which came from either a male or female albino originally as i highly doubt they got a pair of adult albinos , so where did the original albino come from.This stinks big time as there's no way they just happened to hatch out an albino from the limited stock they have and can only get new blood from other countries or smuggled from here in Oz which i reckon is the case here.Until proven otherwise i'll bet they came from a smuggled animal!!!

And who knows i'm sure someone has bought an albino carpet and managed to smuggle one out of the country to the US.Imagine what they'd pay as they have evry type of carpet imaginable but no albinos and they love to cross anything.I'd say someone would be happy to pay 100 k for a captive bred albino with exact locality data of the parentage and all the new morphs that would come from this.

True, But if a aussie herp found it shorely youd bred from it first so at least youd have hets to carry on with. Down with smuggling herps or any thing else for that matter.
Rob

BROWNS said:
Would much rather a pair of BLONDIE'S offspring. And at only 1/10 the price tag.

Actually i highly doubt that anyone actually just happened to hatch out albino bhps as there had to be one to start from to have produced these and i'm taking a really good guess that someone found an albino bhp here and smuggled it to the US as they know how much more one would be wortth in the US.How else do you actually breed albinos like these which would have come from a pair of hets which came from either a male or female albino originally as i highly doubt they got a pair of adult albinos , so where did the original albino come from.This stinks big time as there's no way they just happened to hatch out an albino from the limited stock they have and can only get new blood from other countries or smuggled from here in Oz which i reckon is the case here.Until proven otherwise i'll bet they came from a smuggled animal!!!

And who knows i'm sure someone has bought an albino carpet and managed to smuggle one out of the country to the US.Imagine what they'd pay as they have evry type of carpet imaginable but no albinos and they love to cross anything.I'd say someone would be happy to pay 100 k for a captive bred albino with exact locality data of the parentage and all the new morphs that would come from this.

Browns,
Snakes as you know can carry genes for a particular trait which could go back many generations and not become evident until two Hets are bred together, sometimes this is by fluke, sometimes intentionally like with Simon Stones.
I personally don't think that it is likely that someone came across a albino here and smuggled it out, I am betting that the European breeder just got lucky, a chance in a million, we will know more in time as more info becomes available :wink: .

David and Tracy barker had bred some mainland Indo GTP's in captivity, they sold the offspring as normal gtp's(They knew no better at the time) and it has recently come to light some years later, that some of the offspring were hets for albino, yet the originals were outwardly normal, there are now albino GTP's in the US owned by another lucky breeder :D .

Neil

I pretty much agree with all that except the price here, I don't think it comes down to how popular they are here but how much people have to spend. In the States they spend enormous amounts of money on snakes whereas we don't have that sort of money here. If they were advertised at 100k you might sell a couple but that is a money issue not popularity.
I agree that the original animal was more than likely found here and smuggled out, it all makes a complete mockery of the ridiculous laws we have here.

BROWNS said:
Me too but thes bhp's will end up as bright as the albino carpets will and i would say would look awesome as a full grown adult.Unfortunately we don't have any here in Oz anymore unless someone has one and is keeping it a secret.If we did have them here i'm guessing they'd go for around $10-$15,000 as albinos just aren't as popular here as in the States but we will eventually have these one day i'm sure.

Some people just don't learn Browns......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back