Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAUL_1

Reaction score
What does everyone think about albino carpet pythons?
I have a friend who has a couple of clutches of albino darwin carpets just hatched and i was wondering what your thoughts were on this?
Do you think the dollar value on them would match that of the green python or perhaps more ?
How many people out there would love an albino carpet?
I am just testing the water as such as i would like to get hold of a pair myself and was wondering what people think they would be worth?
This is a world first as far as i know!
I await your replies

Paul

They wouldn't worth as much as a Green python, you have to think they are just a white(ish) carpet python, unlike green pythons carpets are easy to breed and in a few years when the juvis are at breeding age they will be everywhere.
Greens have their high price because there maybe 2 or 3 clutches a year and it's been that way for a long time.

I think they would go for $1000 ea maybe a bit more the only person whose going to make any money out of it would be the original breeder, he might get 2 or 3 more clutches by the time the first clutch is at breeding age. They wouldn't be a good investment IMO, but it all really depends on they popularity, if people like them then the price will stay up.

If you want them for something different then they would be the way to go, personally i think a nice darwin with well contrasting markings is better looking than a white snake.

from what ive read albino pythons only stay popular for a limited amount of time you may pay $1000 for one now but in a few years you maybe lucky to get $500 or even less for it, id rather spend that kind of money on a BHP but thats just my opinion. There was a big thing for albino Burmese pythons and they were going for thousands over in the US and now you can purchase them for $100.

Are these tru albinos?
or simply just a hypo?

IMO I think a true amelanistic carpet would have a good market value so long as there is no trace of side effects or ill health.As already stated the market will crash in years to come just like has happened with corns,burmese etc,BUT the price crash of these animals didnt happen over a 1 year period either.They will reach good dollars for several years before plummeting to a realistic average price mark.You must also remember that the clutches produced from your friends carpets may only be hetz for the amelanistic gene and this will be less value than a true albino.Either way at the end of the day they are only worth what the dealer asks for them and what the customers are willing to pay...

PS
I dont see how anyone could put a $1000 price tag on them if it is a first,even as a rough starting figure I think you would still be far from close.The fact is they would be worth virtually whatever they can fetch.Look at the albino olive,just the hetz for that gene are/were fetching excellent dollars (even if they were deformed/dying and not producing albino offspring etc)

Paul,
I would say that they would be worth US$100,000+ in the US, if they were albino's and not Hets, but as they are in Australia with no chance of export, I agree with RR, as much as people will pay, but I would personally pay Au$3,000-$5000 for albino's and AU$1000-$1500 for 100% het for albino in the first year, from the first clutch!

Anychance you can get some pic's to show us of the clutch's that have just hatched??

Neil

yeah i wouldnt mind one but i cant sfford $1000 for a snake so if there is any freebies going look my way lol!!!!!

well....not the first albino carpet in captivity..but definetly first breeding one of the parents i assume is the one that belongs to twp and is on contract till late next year?..

Interested...hrm, YES
Willing to pay what he'll be asking...Probably not..
I'll stick with NoOne on this one, the only person standing to make money for them is the original breeder, he's got a licence to print money for about 3 years tops !
Even the Albino NT in Pythons of the World wasn't that white (not $1000 worth of white anyhoo)... In saying that

CAN I HAVE ONE ?

it is a quite an interesting subject and everyone has a personal view but me personally would like a differnt coloured species but i wouldnt pay anything more than $500 as like eveyone said in a couple of years time there will be aloy more breeding so its not going thats going to be rare.. everyone would like one, well im guessing they would.... well i would like one but i cant see people paying $1000 +. If i was to spend around the $1000 i would go a bhp but thats a personal preference.

umm its going to be many many years before they readily available like a couple of decades

what is everyone talking about?? if their was no health risks and no danger to the offspring if bred then i would happily pay $1000 for an albino specimen

Couple of decades?????? If the albino gene is recessive, try like 5yrs, NT carpets aren't hard to breed and can produce fair size clutches, use one albino male over several normal females in a season. Not forgetting the albino females.
If they had small clutches or were hard to breed then the price would stay up.

Like MM said will the these animals be heathly? The albino olives fetched a high price but the bloodline wasn't strong and the original male sired something like 30 young from several breedings(not much for an olive), it is often the case with albinos at first.

It's hard to put a price on something not yet for sale.
If it were me i would try and get as much as i could for them, if you get presented with a way to make money doing something you love and don't take it then your a fool.

I would expect to see high prices on them, just don't expect it to last.

white carpets.

hi everyone..

as the thread has sugested the animal is one in the same...eg the one that use to be in the territory and was wild caught is in a private collection in s.a weather that is on a loan deal and going back to the territory i have no idea. and yeah it is a veriagarta.

the thing with breeding 1 albino with one normal is that most if not all will be wont be visual albino and will be hetz.. unless you know how and have the time to produce a stable line of albinos from this wont be basic

the dollar value will be what sombody is prepared to pay and thats really the bottome line..As we all saw with the out ragous prices stuck on the heads of the het albino olives from out of the territory people in australia just arnt into that game yet. in america with no legislation or licencing maybe but we as a reptile keeping country are far from that stage as yet.

just my views..

cheers paul.

I am not real fond of albinos and wouldnt pay a cent for them

The thread makes out as if Albino carpets would maybe available for sale, however paul(pythonss) is right in saying that if the animal on loan has been bred with a normal, then there probably wouldn't be many albino animals,maybe none, more Hets and normals.
The snake on loan must be a male, as the thread mentions two clutches.

It's not totally discountable of course that someone does actually own 1 or more pure albino animals and didn't want to make them known about until he had bred them.
Many Questions we ask........????? PAUL 1 have you any answers for us??

Neil

hey paul
if they are true albinos(white with red eyes) and your friend does have 2 clutchces of them and wants to sell them we would be extremely interseted as im a huge freak fan
if all this is so pls pm me more about them

Hmmm I'm wondering if Paul goes under any other nic/nics in here.WERD!!!!!!!!!

albinocarpet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back