Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, albino's are pure white, with red eyes. They have ZERO pigmentation, none at all. Then there is Leucistic, which get whiter with age.

I agree with Jake0476 in that I personally wouldn't be prepared to pay any more then mid hundreds. I mean why would you buy something like that for that price when you can get yourself a GTP ? For me I am more interested in finding something with nice markings more then the colour, But in the long run it is each to his\her own. I wouldn't mind one but at a reasonable price.

For those who haven't seen them here's a pic of two juvenile albino carpets.They are both nearly all gold...beautiful animals!!!!

Hi guys,

I can assure you these are true albino carpets. It is a falicy to think albinos are all pure white. This will only occur if the animal has no markings such as the Olives. In the case of these carpets and my inland beardeds, the markings appear yellow, but you still have the pink eyes.

The owner of these albino Darwin Carpets has been establishing this line for quite a few years and has put a lot of work into them. The 2 clutches he had this year, as I have heard , are not his first.

From what I have read, he will start to offer babies for sale in 2005. He has very smartly been building a large breeding colony so he can dominate the market for at least the first 3 years after release. And so he should. He paid a lot the the origional and has put a lot of work into the breeding line, and deserves the rewards.

Wether people will pay the dollars mentioned is uncertain, but I bet he will have no trouble selling them at the stated price for at least the first 2 to 3 years. And unlike the Olive line, these appear to be very healthy indeed.

would you purchase one urself bob?i personally would pay $2000 for a hatchy at the start but by then i would have to be in a good position to fork out that kind of money which hopefully i will be. and good luck to hjim seems like he has got onto a winner with that line

also Bob just wandering do you breed these albino beardeds? if so how much are they? and also have you got a pic to show us as they sound interesting

Ricko, Yes for the right price I would by them. I think they look quite stunning. And I have heard they are very healthy animals as well. For those wanting them, just wait a few years. The price will have to fall to a more reasonable level.

As for my Albino Beardeds, these had a disaster with my next door neighbour spraying poison while they were outside sunbaking in repteriums. All 17 died within a few days of the spraying.

My female has failed to have any eggs since her first 3 clutches. Why???. Who knows but I will keep on trying to get more hopefully oneday.

What!!!! Surely your neighbour would have known that you keep/sell reptiles? Didn't they think to warn you first. Damn, I would have went off my head. Sorry to hear about that. :(

hey snakehunter have you got a pic of that albino maccy?? it might be leucistic which are patternless im pretty sure. has it got red eyes?

Breeding up a large amount first is definately smart for the breeder. Whilst the initial rush is on to buy them people wont realize just how many are being sold at the initial price.

Seeing that in the past few years anyone could have sourced many adult darwins and these could be producing craploads of albinoes by the time joe public gets any return on their initial investment.

I think the price will drop quickly compared to greens or womas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back