Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i guess a dirty ugly mixed blood hybrid to you isobviously not worth that, to others that would be cheap. its up to opinion mate, there is a definate demand for them especially after the simon stone article in scales and tails(is he being judged for having them or rather admired for being at the leading edgeof herpetology in australia?). the production certainly wont outweigh the demand, i respect your opinion however i thik you may have mine a little confused, i suggest you re-read what i said and things may seem a little more understandable.

Mate, in all honesty, i personally thought you were having a crack at letting people know you will be offering an alternative to Albino's and maybe toward the end of the season, so for people wishing to score an albino cheap it looks like your trying to get them to wait until you have yours ready and on top of that, it sounds like you are trying real hard to talk down the Current Price people are actually paying for Albino's, maybe to get some for yourself??

I read your post a few times and the thread starter was actually asking Albino Breeders what price they think because he is considering getting in at these prices, are you Breeding Albino's this season??

Look, everyone can have an opinion and i understand we all think differently but without the actual numbers of Albino's being produced that people think are out there, prices certainly are not going to drop as quick as GTP or RSP.

Just look at BHP, Olive's, Bredli, for the last 10 to 15 years they have pretty much always been the same, i for one see Albino Darwins as the perfect species morph for many more to join this hobby, not Jags or any other cross.

Have you seen an Adult in the flesh yet??

Have an 20month old pair of albinos mate, i cannot speak highly enough of them they are an amazing morph, especially in the flesh. i didnt mean to talk the darwins down in any way, which i dont think i did. all i said was i believe that they will fall in price alot more than people believe, there are ALOT of albino-albino pairings that will take place this season and i dont think there are that many hepers out there that will be able to fork out that mount of cash. they will drop in price, its a simple case of supply and demand, in this instance, supply outweighing demand.the jags were just thrown in to give a comparison to an older morph and a newer morph. outof curiosity what do you believe the albino mac's will be worth once on the market?

I'll pm my response as this has nothing to do with the initaial thread starters topic.

cheers

I guess there will be a few surprises this season then? As for the ten clutches being greedy comment. Simon Stone breeds about that much every year, I cant see why he wouldnt. He has the space and animals for this type of operation. There is a big difference in selling albinos for $4500 each and selling them for $1500 each when you are breeding that many. And I guess there is always DNA studies that can test for purity when you have only paid a $1000 for a snake. I guess you will still come out on top in that situation. Albino carpet pythons have been overpriced for a long time in my opinion. Lets just wait and see.

yeah i thought as much, thats the only thing holding me back with snake ranch that you only get shown a few pics instead of a pick of a few thanks jason i think i will hold off even though i'm very impatient:oops::oops:

Thanks all

p.s just another quick question why do they mix blondie and the pheonix albino's instead of having two different clutches?

i dont think this question was answered and im curious also why do they mix the blondie line and phoenix line instead of having two different clutches??

Unfortunately this topic comes up every year,the majority of ppl say that this season they will defiantly drop in price,a few get breed every year BUT also more ppl are getting into the hobby,plus they are only on a basic licence compared to Chondros.The ppl that breed a few clutches a year,good on you.Just because one mob are selling them at a certain price doesnt mean everyone will follow suit.Most of the reputable breeders are still getting the price they offer.Look on any reptile site in the for sale section,i dont see many at all for sale now...

If all it takes to be at the cutting edge of herpetology in Australia is letting people know your working with jags it;s obviously not that difficult,I mean it doesn't take a nuclear physicist to smuggle a few overprpriced crossed animals with neurological problems being a possibility and the lethal leucistic gene when they get bred together...awesome animals,just what I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(is he being judged for having them or rather admired for being at the leading edgeof herpetology in australia?).

Sorry mate - I have met Simon and I reckon he's a good bloke - but breeding funny looking Carpets does not put you at the "leading edge of herpetology" in Australia. Granted he is one of few at the leading edge of breeding pretty pet snakes...

i dont think this question was answered and im curious also why do they mix the blondie line and phoenix line instead of having two different clutches??

Im no expert but i can give my opinion as u dont get much help or guidance of this site.
Blondies offspring are all " inbred " as the gene must be present in both breeding animals to produce an albino. therefore hatchlings from blondie were bred back to her or to eachother to produce albino offspring. White Pheonix was also wild caught therefore may have no relation to blondie i suppose the same was done to achieve white pheonix offspring. so taking the two bloodlines and crossing them should help to move away from fully inbred animals and strengthen the bloodline. I believe that the albino gene may be more of a deformity then a strong genetic trait as animals seem to be much more dosile and with albino olives i have read that there have been problems with hatch rates and deformitys. therefore strengthening the bloodline may reduce the chance of problems in the future and produce " healthier " animals.
once again im not an expert but hard to get feedback and learn anything from this site hope it helps a little
if any one can correct something please do so

The price will plummet this season, good onya carpetpythons.com.ua.
I reckon you would be mad to buy an albino before January.

Hi all,There is no such thing as cheap or expensive. Its the price you are prepared to pay that is the decider. I breed bluetongues and have spent $8000 for an animal because I wanted it for my breeding. That doesnt mean though that the market can ask this price which it can but probably wont sell any. I ean around 150K to me whats cheapish would not be to someone who is on 40K. The GTP debate will go on and as in the USA one day we will have them for $300, they dropped by 80% in 6 months from end of 08 to mid 09 and thats just for plain green.

The price will plummet this season, good onya carpetpythons.com.ua.
I reckon you would be mad to buy an albino before January.

Is that because your's will be available by then???

Or is that just your opinion that you got from knowing the actual numbers of offspring that SXR has sold since Jan 2005??? and so on

whereas id nearly be certain the jags(the few that there are here) will nearly hold there price of around $8000pair or roughly $5000 for males and $3000 for females(thats what mine will be anyway).
cheers

your dreaming mate :rolleyes:

you wont get that kind of money , they are too easy to breed
and your not the only person in Aus , that can get them/import them :rolleyes:

jags wont hold ther price ,they drop very quickly.

cheers

Last edited:
gunny thats for the answer makes pleny of sense, thanks for all the comments guys

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back