Albino Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
couple of pics male darwin..

Attachments

• DSC02187.jpg
    DSC02187.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC02188.jpg
    DSC02188.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC02189.jpg
    DSC02189.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 118
WOW colin thats the nicest darwin ive seen it doesnt look real. is it the same colour in natural light?
I hope mine turn out somethin like that

thanks.. he's not quite as spacy looking :D I think I took those at night maybe ..

Just took this pic of my Albino darwin female ovulating
she is the first female here to ovulate

Roger

Ovulation.jpg

They look like there dead Colin! Would you like me to get rid of them for you?!! Where do you get your black tubs at mate?

you could be right mate :lol: they're been hanging like that for a few weeks without moving but I thought they were just cuddling :D

I got the tubs at one of those $2 type junk shops for around $2.95 and they slide in and out for cleaning on aluminium channel that I got from bunnings.

heres some pics Ive posted a few times before if you havent seen them.. prefered hide box for all my morelias.:D only problem was the perch that got in the way and had to be moved evertime I want to remove the tub, but if its lowered so tubs slide in and out its fine.

Attachments

• DSC02303.jpg
    DSC02303.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02305.jpg
    DSC02305.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Here's a reasonably old pic of mine,I'll have to get some updates,he's a gorgeous snake all round!!

Attachments

• P1000166 (Small).JPG
    P1000166 (Small).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 90
Is it true what they say about the Albinos being so much more "tame" than the non-albino Darwins? Thats just freaky that a colour would decide character as well.

Do the snakes ever cut themselves on the C-Channel?? Those cut end would be sharp!!

never had a problem josh and Ive been using these for a few years in every enclosure I own..
I do file the edges though so the edge is smoothed just enough so the sharp tips are taken off.. & test on my fingers first before I put them in.
those pics were also the prototype and all the ones I use now have the channel set back from the black tub lip instead of sticking out like that one.

Its just the same as using glass sliding doors that have the edge sanded a bit to take that sharp edge on them.

Is it true what they say about the Albinos being so much more "tame" than the non-albino Darwins? Thats just freaky that a colour would decide character as well.

In my personal experience and from speaking to people I know with albinos, thats basically true. but I have heard stories of albinos that do have a bad temper.

Last edited:
I reckon if I used tubs like that for my animals I'd be worried most of the time for when I would undoubtedly get nailed in the face lol

My friend has some really placid natured Albino's, they are wonderful.

He also has some pretty agro one's too. They make you jump when you think that they are going to be as placid as the others:lol::lol:

He purchased his along time ago from Diane / Simon(SXR), pretty much first one's sold i'm told. They were yearlings in Jan 2005.

Maybe as they are getting bred more generations removed from Wild type, they are settling more, don't know??

I reckon if I used tubs like that for my animals I'd be worried most of the time for when I would undoubtedly get nailed in the face lol

not exactly sure what you mean? that they would strike from the tub? maybe if your not careful I suppose but Ive never been tagged by an animal like that. Ive used these arboreal hides for several years in every enclosure I have and never had a problem from these hides with the animals and never taken a bite from an animal while they are in the hides. may not be everyones taste but they work well for me.

Nah just that many of mine just fire out of their hides at times expecting food I don't handle them much got too many but yep many of my animals would launch out of those tubs especially the adult Stone animals,they have incredible food response!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back