Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Ok, so there's Darwins, Olives, Maccies (1), Beardies & Blueys.. are there any other albinos in Oz? Also does anybody know what sort of numbers of albino Beardies & Blueys are currently in captivity?

I think there are albino Death Adders too yeah?

Nah sorry Spike, try google there's probably a million of them in the US :)

whats the lifespan on any albino reptiles? significantly shorter? or no real difference?

jungle mad they in aus? vitties or barbata? and you know who bred them?

Spike, they are in Australia, not sure where that pic was from though, bigguy has apparently bred them.

i not hat there are albinos in aus, 2 of my recent beardies are het for albino, hopeing for a pair, they look just like the normal beardie at the front of that pic with light colouration

speaking of albinos.......... are they kept like normal ones or differant uv and stuff

i don't know where i got that pic...they aren't mine. not even sure if it is an Australian breeder...

Wow i've never seen albino beardies before, I've seen an albino eastern bluey at gosford Reptile Park though pretty awesome!
Spike they look like vitticeps to me.

MrBredli said:
Ok, so there's Darwins, Olives, Maccies (1), Beardies & Blueys.. are there any other albinos in Oz? Also does anybody know what sort of numbers of albino Beardies & Blueys are currently in captivity?

Albino red belly (caught by Wal Merideth)
Albino shinglebacks (according to memphis tank)

As far as I know there was only ever 1 clutch of albino beardies survive which Splitmore was looking after. This was a long time ago though so they may have grown & produced since, I have seen possible hets for sale so I assume so.

those albino beardies make me want to spew, but i havnt drunk enough yet, maybe if we lose to brazil :( :lol:

yeah me to Im really stuck on the thought that albino is a disability... some albino animals look cool (albino carpets etc.) but in the wild albino never survive, we had an albino girl go to my school but she died at the age of 16, just because along with being albino she was also low on immune systems, not sure about that being a direct link but i wouldnt put it past it

Well there's albino Burmese, Balls, Boas, Kingsnakes, Cornsnakes, American Ratsnakes, Gartersnakes and loads of others I bet :lol:

There's an albino Hosmer's Skink at Adelaide Zoo.
Apart from the Albino Eastern Bluetongues at ARP there is an albino Blotched Bluetongue in Tasmania and a friend of mine has an albino baby Eastern Bluetongue.

Johan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back