Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Privately by word of mouth, from one breeder to another. Another member who a majority of herpers will know has them up here in Darwin too. If you wish to know who, PM me.

There's also another person who I have dealt with in person who is on here who says his mate breeds them and sells them for $800- $1,000 per hatchling pending on clutches per season.

Think your name was Paul, if it was you could you please PM me.:)
I'd say your mates mate is mistaking olives for darwins. The cheapest I have seen them is around 3.5k, though 5k seems more then reasonable.

i have a adult calico/patternless bredli python, ive heard of 2 other calico bredli pythons and absolutly no patternless and calico bredli python other then mine, my point being is its definitely rare and the highest ive been offered is $3200 so i cant see a albino olive hatchling being anywhere worth $5000, as darryl kerrigan would say "Tell him he's dreaming''

i have a adult calico/patternless bredli python, ive heard of 2 other calico bredli pythons and absolutly no patternless and calico bredli python other then mine, my point being is its definitely rare and the highest ive been offered is $3200 so i cant see a albino olive hatchling being anywhere worth $5000, as darryl kerrigan would say "Tell him he's dreaming''
serious ? can we please have some pics , sounds.....interesting

More rubbish..... Bredli breed like flies & a comparison between the two I fail to see... Albino Olives have been bred by only half a dozen breeders...... I have kept & attempted to breed both.... & believe you me with all the variables that go into replicating albino Olives they are worth every bit of 5k.

I agree you should start a thread with some pics of your bredli..
Id say 5k isnt to bad if they were 16k 4 years ago. Mixed with how little you see them up for sale..

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

I thought 5k was around the norm, they are such amazing snakes, very beautiful but so hard to breed, a facebook site I am on, there is a lady there that is trying to breed her Albino male to her normal (not sure if het) girls. And none of the girls like him, poor guy.

Anyway their price will come down just like it has with every snake.
Have a talk to the more experienced keepers on here, they would of paid a fortune for their stock.

Price isn't directly related to rarity. Other factors like hereditability, aesthetic appeal, ease of breeding, size and license scheduling all come into play. At the end of the day I'd take an albino olive over a patternless bredli any day of the week.

Price isn't directly related to rarity. Other factors like hereditability, aesthetic appeal, ease of breeding, size and license scheduling all come into play. At the end of the day I'd take an albino olive over a patternless bredli any day of the week.

exactly...... a descriptive of the mode of heritability of the Bredli would be great to hear !!!!!! great little project but sorry still a dull animal when compared.........

Albinism on the other hand & displayed in the king of Aussie Pythons ticks all of the boxes when it comes to desirability & difficult to breed meaning comparatively rare..... etc etc etc..........

tn_Barbie.jpg

I'll take this over a bredli any day of the week. So many people that don't have the money to buy them try to drive the price down. This is why we can't have nice things.

tn_Barbie.jpg

I'll take this over a bredli any day of the week. So many people that don't have the money to buy them try to drive the price down. This is why we can't have nice things.

So much prettier than a Darwin Albino carpet. Love the temperament of my Olive python and others I have held. :)

For the last 3 years the waiting lists have exceeded the numbers bred so they are sold as soon as they hatch. 5K is about average. We charge 6K for males and 5K for females or 10K a pair. There are a few hets about but it amazes me how many people have hets for sale although they dont own any albinos. I guess all Olives look much the same so once some sellers get a picture of an albino mating then they are well on the way to selling hets. Most dont breed until 4-5 years so it takes a while for a het to be proven.

I saw them for $3.5k at the castle hill expo in 2012. Guess I should have picked one up then. Interesting that they went down and then back up in price.

Our Female Albino Olive and 100% Het Male locking up last week. Fingers Crossed!

Albino Oline.jpg

I saw them for $3.5k at the castle hill expo in 2012. Guess I should have picked one up then. Interesting that they went down and then back up in price.
they never went down, they have been 5 - 6k for the last couple of years.... you can pick up fussy eating slow starters for cheaper because they aren't any good for breeding.

There's certainly more than one of those 'fader' bredli going around. And its pretty ugly in comparison. I'll be keeping my albino olives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back