Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on this topic, I am curious to know what traits combined with other traits produce which sort of "morph"...is there a thread on that? and have any of these morphs even been done yet or is it just theories based on ball python results?

The most obvious, and my personal favourite, is Snow (axanthic albino) which was proven this season by Precision Reptiles in Germany. I don't know any others off the top of my head though sorry. The possible combinations aren't really theories though just because they haven't bred yet. If you lose all of a particular colour like yellow in the axanthic then it will have the same effect regardless of species

I think 5000 is good

I did read about the price was asking $45000 when the first one was sold so that is saying sumthing is it not. I think Albino Darwin Carpet Python started at around $8000. I was looking at buying a Albino Olive Python last yr with a asking price of $9500 so yes it think $5000 is good.

At least with an albino olive you know exactly what you are getting for your money. The axanthic coastals on the other hand - some guy mates two grey looking coastals and surprise surprise breeds more grey looking coastals. I really hope they are indeed axanthic but is it just me that thinks that this proves nothing?

At least with an albino olive you know exactly what you are getting for your money. The axanthic coastals on the other hand - some guy mates two grey looking coastals and surprise surprise breeds more grey looking coastals. I really hope they are indeed axanthic but is it just me that thinks that this proves nothing?

Off topic but it's been proven recessive. The worrying thing is probably going to be knowing whether something is actual axanthic or just plain grey. That will likely come down to trustworthiness of the seller though

Ive bred albino olive x albino olive with 100% fertility in the clutch, so im not sure its a fertility thing.

Ive bred albino olive x albino olive with 100% fertility in the clutch, so im not sure its a fertility thing.

Then you're very lucky and have a compatible pair.

I was having a discussion with Gavin Bedford quite a while ago now. He was telling me, he has much better success breeding albino x 100% het olives together, as albino x albino olives, tend to have infertility issues, where they will either have no fertile eggs or only a couple of fertile eggs in a clutch. He said, if someone is lucky enough to get a compatible pair of albino olives, then good on them.

Then you're very lucky and have a compatible pair.

I was having a discussion with Gavin Bedford quite a while ago now. He was telling me, he has much better success breeding albino x 100% het olives together, as albino x albino olives, tend to have infertility issues, where they will either have no fertile eggs or only a couple of fertile eggs in a clutch. He said, if someone is lucky enough to get a compatible pair of albino olives, then good on them.

Does it matter which is the het? I would believe that the het male would have more viable sperm than an albino male, but wanted to know everyone else's thoughts....

Cool... Thought so but I'm not that clued in on genetics and their associated problems

There has been plenty produced from male albino x normal female. I don't think it makes a difference its just a matter of getting a good compatible pair. Albino or het. I think you get weaker animals from albino x albinos but I don't really believe the fertility issues. If that was the case you'd still get fertility problems with albino x normal and if so, you don't hear about it.

Sounds like a good sales ploy to bump the price of 100% hets up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back