Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the fault lies with those who know, not with those who demand to know without any respect for privacy? If I had an albino scrubby or chondro, I would ultimately decide whom I tell and whom I show pictures because it would be my right and my choice.
Please, lets leave it here, this is not going anywhere.

You know what the funny part is? You can scream and cry or bag, there is NO PICTURES - can you live with that?

+1 I totally agree waterrat, if i had a snake like that i would be VERY selective about who i told, and even more selective on who i showed, and there would definitely be no pics. Once i had bred it to the point that i could prove the albanism (if possible) and i was going to put the hatchies on the market i would do so through a 3rd party, simply for security.

Thank you, good to see somebody who shares my sentiments.

It's almost as if some people regard other people's snakes as a public property that should be accessible to everyone. What next? Shell we establish a Reptile Keepers Union where all members will declare what they got (with pictures of course), so rest the comrades could diligently keep an eye on everyone?

Haha you have posted the most on this thread, and you keep telling everyone to 'leave it here'.

Go have a glass of red and stay off the forums for an hour or two, there might be pictures when you come back.

+1 I totally agree waterrat, if i had a snake like that i would be VERY selective about who i told, and even more selective on who i showed, and there would definitely be no pics. Once i had bred it to the point that i could prove the albanism (if possible) and i was going to put the hatchies on the market i would do so through a 3rd party, simply for security.

Well, we all know what happened to the albino RBB ;)

come on every one knows if you tell one herper, you tell them all :D

all this discussion about having respect for privacy. no one is demanding photos. it never hurts to ask. but when people indicate they know something, you are going to get people hassling you for answers. who ever MIGHT have it in there possesion best of luck i look forward to seeing it. until then....

So if I start a thread about how cool a leucistic olive would be Dave will confirm its existence?

Please!

Well seeing as though all Aussie Reptiles belong to the government and the government belongs to the people i would say that i have every right to ask for photos of a snake that already partially belongs to me lol...........I'm joking by the way

I'm amazed that this is still a secret, I remeber seeing pics of this snake a while ago now. well done to the keeper for keeping his business his business. look forward to seeing more pics of the snake and would love to see it in the flesh, was a pretty good looking snake from what I can remember.

:lol: don't forget the secret handshake....

I wasn't going to post, but I have to also agree with Michael, as I was in this predicament a few months back, about 2 x animals I know will change the hobby but wont disclose the breeder/s....wait and see that's all I can say and remember all the key board experts and disbelievers change their opinions then.. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is ridiculous, those who have "eluded" to know something, Waterat etc, are only boosting their own ego. You either "know" or you don't, and if the keeper wants it remain secret why are you trying to score points on a forum?
Cheers,
Twoplanes.

This is ridiculous, those who have "eluded" to know something, Waterat etc, are only boosting their own ego. You either "know" or you don't, and if the keeper wants it remain secret why are you trying to score points on a forum?
Cheers,
Twoplanes.
I cant speak for Michael, although I don't see why he needs to boost his creditability in anyway, it is a forum for discussion!

Its not about point scoring or ego boosting for me anyways, I didnt breed the freaking animals...no recognition for me, I just replied to a thread started by someone else, to all the non believers who say it CAN'T be true because no one has posted a pic...what a crock. lol
Their are many new animals out there that breeders are proving out or are waiting to breed before introducing to the wider herp community, doesn't mean its BS because these guys want it to remain private for their own reasons and havent publicised a pic or 2!
Group hug guys! :)

Cheers,
Twoplanes.

What a load. Someone starts a thread saying, "Hey, I heard about this awesome new snake morph on the grapevine, but can't find any pics. Does anyone know if it exists?". A bunch of people get online and say, "I don't know anything at all, but that would be awesome!!" (and waste half a dozen pages of thread). Someone else gets on and says, "Yes, I know something about it, but am not going to talk about it due to respect of the privacy of the breeder." How on earth is that an ego boost to them? All their answer has done has confirmed the OP's first post, and respectfully declined to talk about it further, since it's not his business to go spreading the information.

Getting online, and posting just to cut someone down for no real reason is a bit of an ego booster, too, eh?

Agreed. Some of you need to chill out. NOT knowing what awesome line of animal someone else is working on is part of the thrill of this hobby. I love seeing new morphs etc popping up, and I totally agree that it's up to the people who created and established those lines to be the ones to break the news publicly.

I cant speak for Michael, although I don't see why he needs to boost his creditability in anyway, it is a forum for discussion!

Its not about point scoring or ego boosting for me anyways, I didnt breed the freaking animals...no recognition for me, I just replied to a thread started by someone else, to all the non believers who say it CAN'T be true because no one has posted a pic...what a crock. lol
Their are many new animals out there that breeders are proving out or are waiting to breed before introducing to the wider herp community, doesn't mean its BS because these guys want it to remain private for their own reasons and havent publicised a pic or 2!

You've missed the point, it has nothing to do with

"it CAN'T be true because no one has posted a pic...what a crock. lol"

Why do people feel they have to be first to confirm a "secret"? Ego is the answer, pure and simple.

Why do people feel they have to be first to confirm a "secret"? Ego is the answer, pure and simple.

Oh, you poor ....... pure and simple.
Read the very first page of this thread and see who confirmed first. I wasn't even on that page. Can twoplanes fly?

twoplanes;181107 Why do people feel they have to be first to confirm a "secret"? Ego is the answer said:
YOUR joking right...Michaels creditability doesnt need boosting especially on a public forum...Big deal theres no pictures, as previously been stated..DOESNT MEAN it doesnt exist...I hope everyone eats there own words when-if the collector makes this public....BTW this thread is going no-where...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back