Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a nice gadget for keeping your cat under control whenever it needs to be out of the house. Be careful to make sure you overtighten.

Is it just me or can others see a problem here?
Its just plain cruel, there needs to be some sort of support under the head to stop it slipping out.

if that was an ad for a reptile restrainer people would be furious. Not exactly funny.

peterescue said:
Is it just me or can others see a problem here?
Its just plain cruel, there needs to be some sort of support under the head to stop it slipping out.

I think you would find if you tighten the screw far enough it should act as an internal support for kitty thus preventing it from slipping. :D

Junglemad you should be cautious advising use of this product, I've heard they can really screw your cat up.

I can't believe people are getting bent out of shape about this. IT'S A JOKE.

It looks cheap and effective to me...plus it doesn't actually kill the cat, just keeps it in line.
Jus

re All

:evil: I think our cat needs one of these,i just feed it and feed it and feed it,i think its got a blocked dirt chute!! :evil:

Perhaps if it didnt have a pointed bit we could all have a laugh?

Surely to God that can't be a serious website!!!

I can fully see the humor in the cat carrier - I have a sick sense of humor at the best of times, but that last website....man!!!....I am seriously fuming and would love to break the jaw of the guy doing it!! :evil: :evil: :x

No it isn't serious, it has been doing the rounds for years now.

Thank god for that then, that web site was disturbing?.

That web site was absolutely hilarious! So comprehensive... I can imagine that the occasional person would be convinced, but it is littered with humour and there are many (presumably deliberate) subtle clues which point to it being a joke and also pointing out that it is utterly impossible, aside from being unspeakably cruel. The level of detail he goes into and the amount of technical correctness (apart from the apparently deliberate flaws) is so impressive. I think the only piece of humour I didn't appreciate was the use of a shoe horn to get the kitten inside the containers, it was a bit too silly. I absolutely loved the feedback page, especially the people discussing the different shapes their cats were in... "I tried to make a rhomboid cat, but it turned into a parallelogram... perhaps I could salvage it and produce a trapezoid shaped cat..." well, by that stage it wasn't making much sense, but the vivid descriptions and general absurdities were hilarious.

Yes, we would get upset if people spoke about snakes like that, but then again, they do it all the time, it isn't unusual for people to publicly boast about killing or torturing reptiles and we survive. This site gives so many clear clues that it's a big joke, it's all in good fun unless you're silly enough to get upset too quickly to notice. The vast majority of cat keepers are eco-terrorists anyway, so don't loose too much sleep if they get a little upset ;)

I've seen spam emails going around trying to collect funds to stop the bonsai kitten movements... I can't tell whether they are serious or just trying to help the Nigerian economy, but always assumed the latter.

If cats have nine lives, why do I only ever need to kill them once?

:lol: :lol: I was going out to buy a glass jar and then I remembered I don't own a cat, do you think I could try it on something else or someone's cat .... :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back