Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what python is the best out of the following and how big do each of them get

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons_dragons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey,

i am new to this site so first i just want to make a thread about pythons. i have an eastern bearded dragon which is 1 year old and is very placid, docile and friendly. he has never bitten and loces being handled.

so i am now getting a python. i have lookedafter children's pythons and i am familiar with everything.

I WANT TO GET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PYTHONS:
1. CENTRALIAN CARPET PYTHON (BREDLI)
2. TOP END (DARWIN) CARPETPYTHON
3. DIAMOND PYTHON
4. JUNGLE CARPET PYTHON
5. COASTAL CARPET PYTHON

is it true that a carpet python is better than the children's python cozwhen they are young, they are as big as children's python then they get bigger so basically you are keeping a children's python and acarpet python. its like 2in 1. please supportyour answers and pleasegive information (eg. how big they get)

thanks

Well i own a trio of Darwins,2 female yearlings and a male over 2 years old.I adore them,mine are really placid,except feed time,the do come in wonderful colouration and markings.Apparently they can get up to 8-9feet.I have owned Coastals and a Diamond,but i still chose Darwins...Best of luck with your decision...

I have 5 Coastals (2M, 3F) and a trio of Diamonds, they will all grow over 5ft in time. My fav so far are the Coastals though :)

There isn't an option for "the question is poorly worded; how can a response quantify size, and how can you definitively say one python sub-species is 'better' than the others". For want of this poll option, I have Diamond pythons, they're 8 years old, they're over 2 meters long each.

If I had my time over again, though, I'd have started with a MD carpet python. The good health of my diamonds for the first year or so was more through good luck than good husbandry; I got VERY lucky my two diamonds were particularly hardy, I gather this isn't the case with all.

I've got a 2 year old Atherton Jungle, best colourings and patterns i have ever seen for his lacale. He's always been great to handle, though bein a jungle he does have the odd mood swing. As he was my first python he'll always be my fav and i'd never sell him. I now also have a 5 foot Bredli. Had him for nearly a week and i'm sure i've handled him more in the last four days than he's been handled his whole life, and my mate has the bite marks to prove it (5 on the hand, 1 on the face). But i'm sure he'll come good.

thanks all of you but im oing to need more advice. can anyone tell me how big each of the carpet pythons grow to when adult size

Bredli: up to 2.5m
Jungle: up to 2m
Diamond: up to 3.5m
Darwin: up to 3m
Coastal: up to 3.5m

Wikipedia and some other random site says:

Bredlis - 2m
Darwins - 2m
Diamonds - 2-3m
Jungles - 4.5-8ft
Coastals - 2.7-3m

Might be wrong though :)

i have 2 diamonds 1 is almost 5 years old and 6 foot + and a yearling about 3 foot both are great snakes as my 5 year old was my first snake and has only bitten me once and that was because she dropped her rabbit and i went to get it and she bit my hand my mistake i should have just left her alone.
and 2 coastals male and female the male is pretty good and hardly bites now but the female is still aggressive and very cage protective but once out she settles down heaps.both are almost 4 years old and about 7 to 8 foot .so it is up to you what you like and want and its your choice . if i had more room i would be buying more diamonds as they are very docile and my 3 kids love handling them

but dont forget diamonds prefer cooler weather so their temps are different to other pythons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back